Firefighter Job Highlights
|Hawthorne, NV, United States
Amentum is a premier global leader in designing, engineering, managing, and modernizing critical systems and programs of national significance across defense, security, intelligence, energy, and the environment.
The company is searching for a Firefighter who will support the Hawthorne Army Depot.
Serve on an ambulance, engine, or truck at one of two different fire stations at HWAD ensure the safety and security of personnel and real property on the base, and report to the Fire Chief.
- High School Graduate or Equivalent
- Must have Technical School Training in Fire Fighting Sciences (highly desirable)
- 6 months experience as a Firefighter. Applicant must be physically fit to withstand extreme heat, cold, and smoke.
- Fire Fighter I certification (DoD, State of NV ProBoard, IFSCA or NFPA); State of NV EMT Basic or National Registry or higher.
- Follow established guidelines for handling, storage, and disposal of Hazardous Materials.
- In case of fire, lay lines, raise ladders, make forcible entry, and rescue persons as necessary.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a valid State of Nevada license with an “F” endorsement.
- Participate in practice drills, demonstrations, classroom study, lectures, and video presentations. Perform all firefighting duties and use breathing apparatus during practice drills. Receive instruction in ventilation procedures, forcible entry, salvage practices, general rescue practices, knot tying, and other subjects pertinent to fire prevention and firefighting operations.
- Perform fire prevention, pre‑fire planning, fire drills, and building inspections.
- Perform inspection, testing, cleaning, servicing, and repair of equipment such as fire extinguishers, fire hydrants, sprinkler systems, and breathing apparatus. Conduct periodic inspections and flow tests on hydrants. Service fire hydrants in assigned areas.
- Respond to fire or emergencies on assigned pieces of mobile fire apparatus and ambulance. Provide emergency assistance or combat fires as required.
- Responsible for reporting potential real environmental concerns to the Environmental Service.
- Stand by during hazardous operations such as welding, confined space, high/low angle, low oxygen atmospheres, open-air detonations, etc.
- Perform other duties of the same or lower level of difficulty as assigned.
- May be assigned occasional duties of a higher level of difficulty than those listed above.
- The duties of this classification may overlap duties performed by employees in other classifications.
- Any capacity Combination Pump; Brush truck; Ladder truck; Water Tender; Ambulance
- Applicant must be able to operate auxiliary equipment such as Hurst Rescue tool and Forestry Fire Attack Kit.
- Good working knowledge of building construction, sprinkler systems, and familiarity with electrical circuits, appliances, class of fittings, wiring, and fuse types and sizes.
- Must be able to administer first aid for bleeding, shock, artificial respiration, etc.
- Must be able to use all tools and equipment skillfully.
- Must be able to use simple formulas to compute engine pressures for providing adequate flow of water at the nozzle.
- Must complete Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation Training when scheduled.
- Must have a working knowledge of applied mathematics and hydraulics.
- Must maintain fitness-for-duty standards to perform the essential functions of the position, including any site drills, and contingency or emergency requirements.
- Must qualify as a driver and operator for all the following types and pieces of major mobile firefighting apparatus:
- Perform arduous climbing, lifting, raising, running, and crawling.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Secret US Government Clearance. Note: US Citizenship is required to obtain a Secret Clearance.
- This position is designated as a safety-sensitive position and is subject to the requirements of the HWAD Medical Surveillance Plan and Matrix and the HWAD A&D Program. As a condition of employment, candidates and incumbents must favorably complete a personnel security investigation, drug testing, medical exam, and respiratory screening, and must meet and maintain personnel suitability and reliability requirements established by 29 CFR and Army Regulations: AR 190-11, AR 190-13 and DOD Contractors Safety Manual 4145.26.
- The company offers various benefit options including medical, dental, and vision plans; health care flexible spending; employee assistance plans; disability benefits; 401k savings plans; holidays and paid time off; tuition assistance program.
Amentum is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The company provides equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.
To apply for this job please visit www.amentumcareers.com.