Website Contech Engineered Solutions
Fitter Job Highlights
|Location||Hillsboro, OR, United States|
|Company||Contech Engineered Solutions|
Contech Engineered Solutions provides cost-effective site solutions to contractors, engineers, and developers on projects. The portfolio consists of bridges, erosion control, drainage, sanitary sewer, retaining walls, and stormwater management products.
The company is seeking a Fitter who will plan, lay out, assemble, and weld accessories and special products.
- Applicants should have a High School Diploma or GED
- Possess work-related experience (a plus)
- Adheres to Contech’s Employee Expectations
- Aligns and assembles structures for welding using cranes, cum-a-long, chains, etc.
- Analyzes requirements, plan layout, and fabrication details.
- Applies paint to welded areas.
- Applies tack weld to hold assembled parts in alignment.
- Completes post-shift daily paperwork
- Completes Pre Shift daily audit
- Completes production/quality control paperwork
- Informs management of needed maintenance operations or supply purchases.
- Maintains equipment and work area in a clean and orderly fashion.
- Peens and sledges fitting to obtain fit up for welding.
- Receives instructions and schedules from plant supervision.
- Tags and marks structure as required.
- Uses a cutting torch to burn to the precision layout.
- Uses template, pattern, scribe, etc. to mark and lay out material.
- Uses wire brush to remove slag and weld spatter from fitting.
- Welds seam completely by electric arc or gas welding procedures.
- Other duties assigned
- Ability to work with precision instruments
- Good attention to detail and organizational skills
- The company offers competitive pay, benefits, and PTO during the first year of employment.
Contech Engineered Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to color, race, sex, religion, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender identification, national origin, protected veteran status, or status as an individual with a disability.
To apply for this job please visit careers.conteches.com.