Fitter/Welder 1 Job Highlights
|Location||Sacramento, CA, United States|
Siemens Mobility is a leading global provider of short-distance, regional and long-distance rolling stock, as well as product and system solutions for passenger and freight transport.
The company is hiring a Fitter/Welder 1 who will support activities in the shop by developing assembly fixtures.
Incorporate minor modifications as required on delivered car shells to confirm manufacturing blueprints.
Support activities in the shop by fitting up and tack welding assemblies and subassemblies as directed by the lead person.
This job requires that the individual is performing fitting functions and welding functions 50% of each
- The applicants should have a High School Education or Equivalent
- The candidates should have 5 years of minimum experience in mechanical assembly, AWS certification (American Welding Society) for welding of carbon steel using GMAW process position 1F through 4F.
- Working knowledge of torch and plasma equipment.
- Correct car shell fabrication mistakes.
- Fabricate shop fixtures as required by assembly personnel per engineering sketch.
- Incorporate approved car shell design changes where necessary.
- Meet production schedules with minimum supervision.
- Tack weld and weld all parts according to AWS requirements.
- Working from detail drawings, fit-up piece parts in jigs and fixtures, assembly components consisting of steel channels, brackets, angels, sheeting, assemblies, and subassemblies.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Skilled in all forms of welding (carbon steel, stainless steel, low alloy).
- General mechanical background.
- Ability to read blueprints and use hand tools and welding tools safely.
- Able to work with minimum supervision and follow instructions.
- Able to work as a team member in group situations.
- Fully understand manufacturing drawings, able to verify dimensions.
- Must understand tolerances.
- Complete shop order documentation and timesheets.
- Regularly exposed to fumes or airborne particles and toxic or caustic chemicals.
- Frequently works near moving mechanical parts and in outside weather conditions.
- Occasionally works in high, precarious places and is occasionally exposed to the risk of electrical shock and vibration.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Frequently is required to walk; reach with hands and arms; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- Occasionally lift and/or move more than 100 pounds.
- Occasionally required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; climb or balance, and talk or hear
- Regularly required to stand.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.siemens.com.