Website Harsco Rail
Fitter Welder – 2nd Shift Job Highlights
|Title||Fitter Welder (2nd Shift)|
|Location||West Columbia, SC, United States|
Harsco Rail, a division of Harsco Corporation, is a global supplier for railway track maintenance and construction. The company has a broad range of high-quality equipment, cutting-edge technology, and worldwide support. It takes care of virtually all major aspects of track maintenance and construction.
The company is searching for a Fitter Welder who will have the opportunity to build a career with highly engineered products and join a great team that delivers these products across the globe.
- The applicants should have a High School Diploma or Technical School Education
- The candidates should have 1 to 3 years of welding experience
- Improvises jigs and fixtures for assembling and welding parts for production.
- Lays out, fits, tacks weld, pressures tight, test, and repair to blueprint specifications all piping systems, fuel tanks, or any other pressured vessel may be assigned excluding all hydraulic cylinders.
- Lays out, fits, assemblers, tack welds, and straightens fabrications to blueprint specifications with the use of jigs, fixtures, and/or instructions.
- Maintain good housekeeping and safe working habits at all times.
- Uses the hand torches for freehand burning, simple heat-treating, and gas welding.
- The ability to deal politely and professionally with customers and/or coworkers
- The ability to follow direction or instruction
- The ability to lift 40 lbs.
- The ability to perform several tasks at once
- The ability to predictably and regularly attend work and to be punctual
- The ability to read and understand documents and drawings
- The ability to stand/bend/stretch, etc.
- The ability to use a computer to communicate, create, and access information
- The ability to work autonomously with little supervision
- The ability to work cooperatively with others
- They should have 3 to 5 years of experience
- Ability to communicate welding issues to Supervisors and Welders
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions
- Ability to set up and utilize inspection equipment.
- Ability to write in a clear and concise manner
- Basic computer knowledge is required: Access and Excel.
- Must be able to read and understand detailed drawings and welding procedures/specifications.
- Must have experience using a standard measuring tool
- Must have expert knowledge of Weld Symbols and Weld Positions used in production.
- Understanding of Print tolerances
- Ability to communicate with others
- Ability to effectively plan and organize
Harsco is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The company considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or genetics.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.smartrecruiters.com.