Website BWX Technologies
Fitter Welder Job Highlights
|Location||Owen Sound, Ontario, CA|
BWX Technologies is a world leader in the design, engineering, manufacture, construction, and service of nuclear power generation equipment. It is a worldwide supplier of innovative, high-quality nuclear components and services. The company proudly supplies highly engineered solutions to customers to compete within the complex nuclear power generation industry.
The company is looking for a Fitter Welder to join its production team and meet customers’ quality, cost, and delivery expectations.
- Applicants should have successfully completed an intermediate welder program or test.
Need to Undergo the Following-
- Written test relating to welding and fitting theory, blueprint reading, and weld symbols
- Two weld tests (performed on a mild steel plate)
- 3G Vertical 3/8” plate test. Process (GTAW)
- 2G Horizontal 3/8” plate test. Process (GMAW) (Short Circuit)
- Proven commitment to workplace safety
- Performs all types of fitting and all position manual welding on company products as required (welds not subject to RT/UT inspection) to quality standards.
- Performs pressure testing procedures.
- Positions, fits, and assembles materials according to drawings, prints, jigs, or layouts; cuts and fits templates and gaskets as necessary. Completes necessary layout for fitting attachments.
- Reads and interprets Production Orders, Drawings, Shop Instruction Sheets (SIS), Weld Procedure Specifications (WPS); plans and organizes details of a working procedure for tool and material requirements.
- Slings or transports, or positions material and equipment to and from the work area manually by hooking for an overhead crane or by using floor operated overhead crane or forklift; sets up jigs and holding devices in the work area as required. Performs Class 2 lifts to maintain their own production requirements.
- Commitment to quality and the ability to work as a positive, effective team member, willing to go the extra mile to ensure we meet our customer expectations.
- Advanced understanding of blueprint reading.
- Must be available to work in the day, afternoon, and weekend shifts
- Competitive wages
- Employer-paid pension plan
- Excellent Health, Dental, and Vision benefits
- Paramedical benefits
- Life insurance
BWX Technologies is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It has established procedures to ensure that all personnel actions such as recruitment, compensation, career development, benefits, company-sponsored training, and social recreational programs are administered without regard to race, color religion, gender, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, or veteran status.
To apply for this job please visit careers.bwxt.com.