Website Energy Transfer
Fitter/Welder Combo A Job Highlights
|Title||Fitter/Welder Combo A|
|Location||Houston, TX, United States|
Energy Transfer began as a small intrastate natural gas pipeline operator. The company owns and operates one of the largest and most diversified portfolios of energy assets in North America, with a strategic footprint in all of the major U.S. production basins.
The company is looking for a Fitter/Welder Combo A to join its team for vessels and pipe fitting needs.
- Applicants should have a High School Diploma or GED
- Possess an experience in the pipe or vessel fitting/welding field
- Actively participates in product development and improvements.
- Actively participates in teaching and developing other employees.
- Cut/burn, layout, and prepare all types of steel components such as; rolled shells, pipe, and fittings for welding.
- Effectively follows oral and written instructions and communicates them to others as needed.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with all departments and workers.
- Fabricates and welds all types of pressure-containing steel vessels using drawings, specifications, and industry standards.
- Interprets drawings, specifications, and diagrams to determine the appropriate welding process.
- Measures accurately with the ability to maintain stringent tolerances at all times.
- Occasionally fills in as backup Lead.
- Offers and seeks advice from others to help make technically sound decisions or solve problems.
- Operates lifting equipment such as overhead cranes and jib cranes which is inclusive of rigging experience.
- Perform job duties in a safe manner and according to company safety procedures.
- Reports potential safety hazards to supervisor and actively participates in resolutions.
- Reports problems to line supervisor and actively participates in resolutions.
- Uses a variety of portable hand, electric, and air-powered tools such as grinders, drills, and band saws.
- Uses stationary tools such as bench grinder, iron worker, drill press, and chop saw.
- Uses welding machines, carbon arc gougers, pipe bevellers, flame cutting torch, and plasma torch.
- Welds carbon and stainless steel.
- Performs the above and other duties as required without supervision.
- Ability to read tape measures and rulers in increments of 1/16”
- Basic mathematic ability to add and subtract fractions, decimals, and whole numbers.
- Must be familiar with Safety and OSHA requirements within a welding environment.
- Must have knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures within a vessel fabricating and welding shop.
- Pipe Welders must pass the 6G Position Test using MIG/Flux Core plus Tig or Sub Arc test (GMAW/FCAW plus GTAW or SAW)
- Vessel Welders must pass the 6G Position Test using the MIG/Flux Core and Sub Arc test (GMAW/FCAW/SAW)
- Weld to ASME code and 100% x-ray.
- 401k and Savings
- Disability Coverage
- Health Coverage
- Paid Time Off
Energy Transfer is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this job please visit energytransfer.referrals.selectminds.com.