Website Ben Hur Construction Company
Fitter/Welder Job Highlights
|Location||St. Louis, MO, United States|
|Company||Ben Hur Construction Company|
Ben Hur Steel Worx is a leading authority and top performer in steel construction services. The company provides the best product and services to the customers and looks forward to working with owners, contractors, architects, engineers, developers, other fabricators, and erectors who want a team approach in dealing with their steel construction needs.
The company is looking for an individual who will be responsible for various types of weld preparation, welding, and weld finishing operations to manufacture products to customer drawings, specifications, or other forms of instruction.
Weld various types of sizes and shapes of materials to standard welding codes. Utilizing the FCAW process in flat and horizontal welding positions, requiring attention to detail. Material is all carbon steel, mainly beams, and columns.
- The applicants may be required a High School Diploma or GED.
- Some College/Vocational Welding Program or Coursework
- The candidates should have a minimum of 3 years of experience.
- FCAW process experience preferred
- Overhead crane experience preferred
- Analyze engineering drawings and specifications to plan layout, assembly, and welding operations
- Dress metal parts, using hand tools, torch, or arc welding equipment – Operate grinders, arc air, cutting torch and other hand-held tools. Layout, fit-up, and weld plates, clip angle, channel, and other misc. items to structural beams and columns.
- Determine required equipment and welding method to complete complex or difficult assignments
- Fabricate and fit steel pieces
- Follow all safety rules and practices
- Inspect completed work for conformance to specifications
- Lays out, positions, and tack welds parts and assemblies according to specifications
- Maintain and complete all required records.
- May be involved in safety committees or initiatives
- Perform full penetration in the 1G and 2G position
- Position workpieces using an overhead crane or a jib crane
- Read blueprints to determine measurements
- Perform other duties assigned as needed.
- Must be able to pass a weld certification test that involves visual inspection, UT Test, and/or lab testing
- Candidates must be able to read a tape measure to 1/16″ and have strong math skills
- Must be able to handle up to 25 pounds on a repeated basis throughout the day, 25 to 50 pounds frequently during the day, 50 to 75 pounds occasionally during the day, and 75 to 100 pounds several times during the day.
- Must be able to move around the production floor.
- Full-time position, days Monday-Friday 1st or 2nd shift operations, some overtime required including some Saturdays
- Plant manufacturing environment
- 401(k) retirement plan with matching contributions
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Eight paid holidays
- Flexible spending accounts
- High safety standards
- Job training programs
- Life insurance
- Manufacturing plant environment
- Medical insurance
- Performance Bonuses
- Short-term and long-term disability coverage
- Vacation and Personal Days
Ben Hur Steel Worx provides Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO), The company makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, sex, gender, sexual orientation, sexual preference, gender identity or gender expression, veteran status, marital status, disability, or any other characteristic protected under applicable laws and regulations.
To apply for this job please visit benhurconstruction.aaimtrack.com.