Website Vulcan Materials Company
Fixed Maintenance – Welder Job Highlights
|Title||Fixed Maintenance – Welder|
|Location||Gold Hill, NC, United States|
|Company||Vulcan Materials Company|
Vulcan Materials Company is a producer of construction aggregates and a major producer of aggregates-based construction materials including asphalt and ready-mixed concrete.
The company is looking for a Welder to join its team for various management needs.
- The applicants may be required a High School Diploma or GED
- The candidates should have previous work experience in the aggregate or construction industry.
- Document and Record Information – Enter and maintain service and lubrication reports regarding the plant equipment used to ensure preventative maintenance is up to date.
- Inspect Equipment and Structures – Perform daily inspections and maintenance of the plant equipment in order to ensure safe, reliable, and compliant operations to maximize production and minimize interruptions.
- Monitor Processes and Materials – Monitor and review the plant, specifically various aggregate crushing, washing, and screening areas to identify problems and ensure safety and materials compliance.
- Perform General Physical Activities – Perform a variety of tasks that assist with the operation of the plant, including cleaning, washing, sweeping, and shoveling materials.
- Promote Safety – Take an active role in prioritizing safety throughout the operation for yourself and others at all times in accordance with MSHA and Vulcan standards.
- Repair and Maintain Plant Equipment – Perform repairs and maintenance throughout the plant including screen changes, conveyor belt repair, and adjustment, wear parts replacement, crusher liner changes, and water pump service. Perform cutting, grinding, and welding as needed.
- Additional Responsibilities – Other duties as assigned.
- Flexibility – Must be able to work overtime and extended hours depending on customer and company demands. Must be able to work outside in all types of weather conditions and tolerate being exposed to loud noises.
- Knowledge of Best Practices – Knowledge of general principles and practices of industrial maintenance, construction, or aggregate production is preferred.
- Mechanical Skills – Must have some knowledge of industrial tools, their uses, and maintenance.
- Great Company Culture – Our people share a competitive drive for excellence in an environment of trust, teamwork, open-mindedness, and communication.
- Health Benefits – Medical, Dental, Vision programs, plus much more.
- Meaningful Work – What sets us apart is that the work we do impacts daily lives – and every employee contributes. The aggregates we produce are used to build roads, schools, hospitals, airports, and housing throughout the United States.
- Prepare for the Future – 401(k) with company match and contribution.
- Rest/Relaxation – Paid vacation, personal floating days, and paid holidays.
- Safety – An industry leader in health and safety standards. We are committed to creating a safe work environment and protecting all employees and customers.
- Training/Development – We see our development programs and helping our employees meet their goals, as a key part of our business.
Vulcan is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or genetics, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law from discrimination.
To apply for this job please visit vulcanmat.taleo.net.