Fleet Mechanic (Evenings) Job Highlights
|Title||Fleet Mechanic – Evenings|
|Location||Auburn, ME, United States|
PepsiCo is a global food and beverage leader with a product portfolio including 22 brands such as Quaker, Tropicana, Gatorade, Frito-Lay, and Pepsi-Cola.
The company is seeking a Fleet Mechanic who will perform scheduled preventative maintenance and necessary repairs to automobiles, trucks (light and heavy), vans, and forklifts.
Disassembles and overhauls motors, transmissions, clutches, rear ends, electrical systems, and all other assemblies.
Position works with a high degree of independence. This position requires that you have your own tools. The position also requires a number of physical movements including lifting, pinching, bending, reaching, climbing, and manipulating and handling objects.
- The applicants may be required to have a High School Diploma
- Age – At least 18 years of age
- Experience with hydraulic and air brake systems
- Knowledge of internal combustible engines
- Mechanical knowledge of gas and diesel repair
- Must be able to pass Forklift Driving Skills test (if applicable)
- Repairing forklifts (e.g. repairing propane fuel systems, hydraulic systems, pallet jacks, etc.)
- Repairing heavy trucks (e.g. working on tractor-trailers, brakes, tires, engines for 10 bays trucks to 18 wheelers, etc.)
- Repairing light trucks (e.g. trucks, vans, support vehicles, etc.)
- Working with computer instrumentation (e.g. using desktop computers, hand-held computers, laptop computers, performing diagnostics with computers, conducting preventative maintenance, executing work orders, etc.)
- Working with manufacturing standards (e.g. knowing current standards, staying up-to-date with the latest technology, having experience working with electronics, etc.)
- Answer road calls
- Diagnose failures of vehicles and disassemble, repair, and reassemble parts as necessary
- Fill out all necessary documents
- Maintain and repair fleet equipment
- Maintain records such as daily checklist (pre-trip inspection)
- Maintain vehicle records as required
- Perform preventative maintenance on vehicles
- Regular, reliable, predictable attendance
PepsiCo is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
To apply for this job please visit www.pepsicojobs.com.