Website Black Hills Energy
Fleet Mechanic (UN667) Job Highlights
|Title||Fleet Mechanic (UN667)|
|Location||Pueblo, CO, United States|
|Company||Black Hills Energy|
Black Hills Energy is a growth-oriented and vertically integrated energy company. The company’s non-regulated businesses generate wholesale electricity and produce natural gas and coal.
The company is seeking a Fleet Mechanic who will perform maintenance and repairs to Company Fleet resources as assigned.
- The applicants should have a High School Diploma or Equivalent
- The candidates should have 4 or more years of fleet automotive and equipment maintenance.
- Ability to obtain automotive mechanics certification to include: Automotive Service Excellence (ASE), Hydraulics (National Fluid Power Int.), CO and DOT inspection, VON DC dielectric, and welding experience (transportation only), aerial operator training, and aerial inspections.
- Assist with job coordination for timely completion of work, this includes working with internal and external stakeholders.
- Leads and assists with procurement, repair, maintenance, and retirement of fleet assets.
- Maintenance of equipment and vehicles.
- Performs DOT, Dielectric, and PM inspections as required.
- Responsible to complete assignments, directives, schedules, and programs assigned by Management.
- Ability to communicate with the assigned crew, co-workers, management, and general public.
- Maintain compliance with company policies and procedures.
- Must be willing to work overtime.
- Responsible for completing assigned tasks equivalent to or lower than this classification.
- Responsible for participating in the training of fellow employees.
- Responsible for upkeep and possession of power tools and equipment.
- Willingness to travel to remote areas to perform work.
- Working conditions may include inclement weather and the potential for electrical hazards.
- Ability to troubleshoot and solve equipment failures in a timely manner.
- Able to perform work safely and alert other employees of safety hazards in the area.
- Must be able to problem-solve and understand the operations of company vehicles and equipment.
- Skilled at complying with applicable safety standards, policies, and procedures.
- Continuously moves about the office and the job sites and operates machines and equipment. Frequently accesses low and high areas with additional equipment, ascends/descends stairs, maintains coordination, and engages in repetitive motions (kneeling, reaching). Occasionally use a respirator. Operates job-related equipment and tools. Routinely performs this work for an average of 8-10 hours per day and occasional extended hours as necessary. Regular, reliable, and timely attendance is expected.
- Mental description – Understand, remember, apply oral or written instructions or other information, and communicate routine factual information. Apply common sense in performing job functions, usually within a set of rules or guidelines.
- Occasionally perform work indoors and routinely perform work outdoors in sometimes inclement weather with moderate to high noise levels. The worker may be subject to hazards including a variety of physical conditions such as proximity to moving mechanical parts, moving vehicles, electrical current, working in places of height or close quarters (i.e., crawl spaces, small, enclosed rooms, narrow aisles, or passageways). Willing to travel occasionally (less than 10 days per year) by automobile (as driver and passenger), commercial airlines, rental vehicles, and public transportation and be able to lodge in public facilities. Must have proper licensing to operate a motor vehicle.
- Specific lifting abilities required by this job include Heavy work. Exerting up to 100 pounds of force occasionally, or up to 50 pounds of force frequently or up to 25 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
- The company offers a benefits package that includes an annual incentive program (based on a percentage of eligible earnings), 401(k) (6% company match and up to 9% company retirement contribution), tuition reimbursement, paid time off, additional Veteran PTO, military leave differential pay, paid holidays and annual floating holidays, company paid short term and long term disability, paid maternity and paternity benefits, health and wellness program, and competitive medical, dental and vision insurance.
- Must obtain a valid Colorado Driver’s License (CDL) Class A within 90 days of hire date and maintain it as a condition of employment.
Black Hills Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, or status as a protected veteran.
To apply for this job please visit careers.blackhillsenergy.com.