Website Air Products
Fleet Mechanic Job Highlights
|Location||Decatur, AL, United States|
Air Products is an industrial gases company with a focus on serving energy, the environment, and emerging markets. The company provides essential industrial gases, related equipment, and applications expertise to industries like refining, chemical, metals, electronics, manufacturing, and food and beverage.
The company is looking for a Fleet Mechanic who will be responsible for the maintenance of company-owned tractors and tanker trailers. They should have strong vehicle maintenance and repair experience.
- The prospective applicants should have a High School diploma or Equivalent
Technical School Graduates-
- Students with a background in Industrial Systems, Machine Tool Technology, Electromechanical Technology, Mechatronics, Automotive Technology, HVAC, Process Technology, Electrical Technology, Instrumentation Technology are encouraged to apply.
- Air Products is a military-friendly employer that values the skills obtained through military teamwork. This position would be best suited for Non-commissioned Officers with a specific focus in technical fields. Veterans from any branch or MOS with hands-on mechanical skill sets and, for example, experience in propulsion systems, engineering fields, nuclear power, aircraft maintenance, cryogenic technicians, and civil engineering are encouraged to apply.
- The candidates should have 3 to 5 years of strong vehicle maintenance and repair experience for over-the-road Class 8 and Class B tractors and trailers
- Document/record Hazmat and OSHA requirements
- Document/record work performed electronically on a computer-based maintenance system
- Ensure fleet is in compliance with DOT regulations
- Manage parts room within facility’s budget
- Perform electrical/electronic repairs on tractors and trailers
- Perform preventative maintenance inspections and repairs as necessary on over-the-road Class A, Class B tractors, and tanker trailers
- Perform road repairs when necessary
- Ability to drive a Class A and Class B tractors
- Diesel engine troubleshooting and repair experience
- Electrical troubleshooting skills on 12 Volt DC circuits
- Energetic, highly motivated and well organized, self-starter with a strong commitment to safety
- Must be able to work overtime depending on business needs
- Self-motivated with the ability to work alone
- Solid work history
- Strong mechanical background, with above-average computer experience/skills.
- Welding knowledge and experience preferred
- 401(k) Plan and Pension Plan
- Company-supplied tools and toolbox
- Company supplied uniforms and safety equipment
- Company-paid Life Insurance
- Competitive Pay
- Job position progression
- Long/Short Term Disability Insurance
- Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance
- On-the-Job Training for specialized cryogenic systems
- Vacation/Paid Holidays
- Valid Class A CDL is preferred
Air Products is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, citizenship, gender, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, or veteran status.
To apply for this job please visit sjobs.brassring.com.