Website Blue Origin
Flight Hardware Technician Job Highlights
|Title||Flight Hardware Technician|
|Location||Kent, WA, United States|
Blue Origin is working on the vision to enable a future where millions of people are living and working in space to benefit Earth. The company believes we must protect Earth by moving heavy industries that stress our planet into space and finding new energy and material resources. Blue is working on this today by developing operationally reusable launch vehicles that are safe, reliable, and highly available.
The company is seeking a Flight Hardware Technician who can apply technical expertise, leadership skills, and commitment to quality to positively impact safe human spaceflight.
- The applicants may be required a High School Diploma or GED
- The candidates should have 5+ years of experience in aerospace or related fields
- A&P license or equivalent experience in launch vehicle or propulsion system assembly and integration
- Be responsible for welding multiple aluminum alloys using the GTAW welding process and the manufacture, assembly, and test for various spaceflight systems.
- Support production and development-related activities that directly affect rocket launch vehicles and spacecraft.
- Work directly with flight hardware for various spaceflight systems.
- 10+ years of experience in launch vehicle or propulsion system assembly and vehicle integration
- Experience operating heavy lifting equipment such as cranes and forklifts around flight critical hardware
- Experience with 3-D Measurement Tools, such as Faro Arms and Trackers and Verisurf software
- Experience with CNC machining experience, TIG/MIG welding, orbital welding, and/or composite structure fabrication
- Familiarity with tube fabrication (bend, flare, fittings, etc.) and pressurized system safety
- Knowledge in the use of 3-D CAD tools (ProEngineer is preferred), and ability to read and interpret GD&T per ASME Y14.5M-1994 standard
- Working knowledge of a variety of rocket propellants, including Hydrogen Peroxide, RP, and cryogenics
- Ability to communicate differing opinions in a collaborative environment without conflict among other team members
- Ability to earn trust, maintain positive and professional relationships, and contribute to a culture of inclusion.
- Ability to support Monday through Thursday 1st shift (A shift) 5 am – 3:30 pm and additional weekend overtime as requested.
- The ability to use standard mechanical tools, fabrication shop equipment and the capability to drill and prepare close tolerance holes for fastener installation is required
- Excellent demonstrated verbal and written communication skills
- The company offers benefits that include Medical, dental, vision, basic and supplemental life insurance, short and long-term disability, and 401(k) with up to 4% company match.
- Paid Time Off: Provides up to 4 weeks per year, in addition to 11 holidays
- Must be a U.S. citizen or national, U.S. permanent resident (current Green Card holder), or lawfully admitted into the U.S. as a refugee or granted asylum.
- Blue Origin will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the Washington Fair Chance Act, Los Angeles Fair Chance in Hiring Ordinance, and other applicable laws.
Blue Origin is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. The company provides all qualified applicants for employment and employees with equal opportunities for hire, promotion, and other terms and conditions of employment, regardless of their race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin/ethnicity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, and/or local law.
To apply for this job please visit blueorigin.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com.