Website Ultra Clean Technology
Frame Welder (2nd Shift) Job Highlights
|Title||Frame Welder (2nd Shift)|
|Location||Chandler, AZ, United States|
|Company||Ultra Clean Technology (UCT)|
Ultra Clean Holdings is a leading developer and supplier of critical subsystems, components and parts, and ultra-high purity cleaning and analytical services primarily for the semiconductor industry.
The company is seeking an experienced and talented Frame Welder who can be responsible for performing Gas Metal Arc Welding (MIG) and Gas Tungsten Arc Welding (TIG) on a diversified line of products which include close tolerance of large and small weldments in accordance with the appropriate (AWS) welding codes and symbols.
This includes the layout, fit/tack, and fabrication of a frame weldment having multiple details. The materials include various grades of steel: tube and sheet, stainless steel: tube and sheet, and aluminum: tube and sheet.
- The prospective applicants should have completed a High School Diploma completed from a welding school or Equivalent work experience.
- The candidates should have 7+ years of experience in TIG and MIG welding with 3 years of sheet metal and structural tubing of close tolerance parts or equivalent advanced education.
- Attendance is an essential job function.
- Observes and practices safety procedures and policies.
- Assumes responsibility and care of assigned tools and equipment.
- Completes weldments to the applied AWS welding code and blueprint requirements.
- Performs minor maintenance on job-related equipment.
- Interprets complex blueprints, manufacturing drawings, and written work instructions. Must interpret AWS welding symbols and basic GD&T.
- Performs advanced frame welding activities with minimum instructions and supervision.
- Positions weldment details in location using fixtures, precision squares, rules, and calipers to meet blueprint and quality requirements.
- Sets up welding equipment in accordance with the appropriate weld process specifications (WPS).
- Utilizes material handling equipment in conjunction with the welding task.
- Works with team members to achieve department goals based on production schedules.
Note: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Strong attention to detail, quality-focused, and willing to learn.
- Ability to operate hand/air tools and electric grinders.
- Must comply with Jager-2 Vision test compliance.
- Ability to perform welds that pass a visual inspection and destructive test.
- Ability to read and interpret complex blueprints and work instructions.
- Basic math skills; must be able to perform conversions and basic calculations.
- Ability to read, write, and understand English.
- Knowledge of AWS welding symbols required. Basic knowledge of GD&T preferred.
Work is performed primarily in a standard manufacturing environment.
- Ability to move arms, hands, and fingers.
- Ability to lift over 50 lbs. with assistance.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to stoop, kneel, crouch, reach, walk, push, pull, grasp.
- Ability to sit or stand for sustained periods of time.
- The worker has protection from weather conditions but not necessarily from temperature changes
- Subject to hazards including, electrical current, moving mechanical parts, exposure to chemicals, debris, and intense heat.
- Required to wear personal protective equipment.
- Subject to noise levels.
Work may require out-of-town travel depending upon assignment (training and meeting).
UCT offers an excellent benefits package to all full-time employees which includes medical, dental, vision, 401(k), and paid time off.
UCT is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to promoting a culturally diverse workforce.
To apply for this job please visit recruiting2.ultipro.com.