Website Black Hills Energy
Gas Operations Technician (I/II or Senior) Job Highlights
|Title||Gas Operations Technician (I/II or Senior)|
|Location||Limon, CO, United States|
|Company||Black Hills Energy|
Black Hills Energy is a growth-oriented and vertically integrated energy company. The company’s non-regulated businesses generate wholesale electricity and produce natural gas and coal.
The company is hiring a Gas Operations Technician who will safely perform general gas distribution system maintenance, operation, and construction work.
- The applicants should have a High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Level I – No experience required
- Level II – Minimum of 2 years of experience required
- Level Sr. – Minimum of 4 years of experience required
- Above and underground leak classification and repairs.
- Complete field drawings per company standards to include location sketch and proper material accounting.
- Coordinates the location of other utilities and underground facilities relative to construction activities.
- Gas measurement, pressure regulation, and overpressure protection installations.
- General maintenance on facilities.
- Inspect and supervise construction activities of gas contract construction crews.
- Install facilities according to specifications such as trench depth/width, proper auguring, plowing, and shoring.
- Ensure accurate location and installation of facilities such as service lines, mains, and meter sets.
- Maintain certification and perform a plastic fusion of mains and services and proper installation of mechanical fittings.
- Maintain familiarity with steel welding procedures to evaluate quality to meet company standards.
- Perform hotline tapping of mains and services of various sizes and types by selecting proper equipment and using correct procedures.
- Perform leak repair on underground facilities using approved repair methods and materials based on the type of sizes of mains and services.
- Perform pressure testing of facilities to ensure the integrity and satisfy company and Regulatory requirements.
- Perform proper above grade corrosion control by application of recommended painting techniques and material, also below grade corrosion control and anode installation surface preparation and coating applications.
- Proficient in underground line locating.
- Provide recommendations on proper material type and size to accommodate load requirements and pressure.
- Other duties as required.
- A demonstrated mechanical ability, the ability to read and understand operation manuals, and a solid understanding of regulators, meters, and pipefitting and gas operations.
- Ability to effectively prioritize projects and equipment needs while maintaining a rigorous construction activity schedule.
- Ability to pass PE Fusion certificate.
- Ability to remain calm and make an effective spontaneous decision during emergency situations that may affect the safety of the general public, contractors, and other employees.
- Comprehensive understanding of gas operating safety procedures.
- Effective customer interaction and resolution skills.
- Familiarity with Black Hills construction standards and procedures.
- Mental Description – Understand, remember, apply oral or written instructions or other information, and communicate routine factual information. Apply common sense in performing job functions, usually within a set of rules or guidelines.
- Continuously moves about the office and the job sites and operates machines and equipment. Frequently accesses low and high areas with additional equipment, ascends/descends stairs, maintains coordination, and engages in repetitive motions (kneeling, reaching). Occasionally use a respirator. Employee operates job-related equipment and tools. Routinely performs this work for an average of 8-10 hours per day and occasional extended hours as necessary. Regular, reliable, and timely attendance is expected.
- Specific lifting abilities required by this job include medium work.
- Occasionally perform work indoors and routinely perform work outdoors in sometimes inclement weather with moderate to high noise levels. Workers may be subject to hazards including a variety of physical conditions, such as proximity to moving mechanical parts, moving vehicles, electrical current, working in places of height, or close quarters (i.e., crawl spaces, small enclosed rooms, narrow aisles, or passageways).
- The company offers a benefits package that includes an annual incentive program (based on a percentage of eligible earnings), 401(k) (6% company match and up to 9% company retirement contribution), tuition reimbursement, paid time off, additional Veteran PTO, military leave differential pay, paid holidays and annual floating holidays, company paid short term and long term disability, paid maternity and paternity benefits, health and wellness program, and competitive medical, dental and vision insurance.
Black Hills Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, or status as a protected veteran.
To apply for this job please visit careers.blackhillsenergy.com.