Website Mitsubishi Power Americas
Gas Turbine Service Engineer II Job Highlights
|Title||Gas Turbine Service Engineer II|
|Location||Orlando, FL, United States|
|Company||Mitsubishi Power Americas|
Mitsubishi Power Americas leads the industry in power generation and energy storage solutions. The company design, manufacture, build, service, and optimizes power systems worldwide.
The company is seeking a Gas Turbine Service Engineer who will be responsible for providing technical support associated with gas turbine operation and maintenance, assuring rapid disposition of non-conformance reports, and requests for information, and evaluating field issues including data collection and root cause analysis support of gas turbine issues.
The work encompasses Mitsubishi and non-OEM turbine service support. The engineer will be required to work with the field service and long-term service groups to identify quality improvements and cost reductions to make Mitsubishi Power Americas, Inc. parts and services more competitive.
The position is an intermediate engineering position that requires knowledge of engineering principles and experience in the application of principles. In this role, the engineer will demonstrate the capability to perform normal work assignments without requiring detailed instruction and will be given some degree of technical authority in these work assignments.
The engineer will also be given technical assignments of increasing technical difficulty working under the supervision of more senior engineers or management. The successful candidate will be self-motivated, a good problem solver, and have strong multi-tasking skills.
- The applicants should have a Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering or Aerospace Engineering from an accredited college or university, and course work in the major field being associated with turbo-machinery.
- Possess a minimum of 3 years of experience in an engineering design or service-related experience is required, or
- A minimum of 12 years of directly related engineering work experience may be substituted for the degree requirement (some work credit may be given for MS or PhD Degrees based on the relevancy of the course and related project experience).
- Knowledge of gas turbine engineering including overall turbine configuration, gas turbine configuration, properties of materials commonly used in turbines, and geometric dimensioning and tolerancing per ASME Y14.5.
- Availability for work after normal working hours, weekends, and holidays as required;
- Ensure fleet operating and service experience are effectively communicated and recorded to provide meaningful design feedback and enhance the value of products and services provided to customers;
- Ensure products meet or exceed internal and customer requirements;
- Experience in Root Cause Analysis and Risk Management;
- Learn and apply knowledge of the overall configuration of the M501F, M501G, W501D5, W501D5A, and W501F gas turbines, including how to access the reference drawings and specifications of these turbines.
- Make suggestions for product and service improvements that will increase customer satisfaction with Mitsubishi products and services;
- Outstanding communication and writing skills. Prepare work instructions for field inspection or service related work including recommendations for improving the way work is currently being performed;
- Participate in field outages to document engine conditions during inspection, disassembly and reassembly, providing sufficient information and recommendations to support the resolution of non-conformances. Such work shall be reviewed and approved by more senior engineers or engineering managers;
- Perform work in accordance with Mitsubishi Power Americas, Inc. safety training procedures. Identify unsafe working conditions to Mitsubishi Power Americas, Inc. Field Service Supervisor, Engineer or Safety coordinator when concerns are observed. This includes work outside the Engineering work scope;
- Provide technical support to Field Service personnel with judgment on interpretation of design criteria, evaluation and resolution of field issues, and preparation of work instructions;
- Review and compare dimensional information obtained from field measurement to new manufacturing drawings to help resolve field discrepancies, identify the likely issues, and need for corrective actions, and suggest ways to correct the condition if required. This includes recommendations for welding procedures, clearance adjustments, and bolted joint assembly. Responses shall be reviewed by a peer or more senior engineer based on level of complexity;
- Review operating trend data for items such as blade path temperature to identify potential inspection points identifying the most probable cause of such issues;
- Support ISO 9001 audits and compliance efforts, and where possible, enhance the documentation and configuration control methods in use by Gas Turbine Service Engineering;
- Support ISO 9001 audits and compliance efforts, and where possible, enhance the documentation and configuration control methods in use by Gas Turbine Engineering Services;
- Support the field service inspection and operational issue resolution relating to gas turbine components, performing engineering tasks under the supervision of a more experienced engineer or engineering manager;
- Utilize service support databases such as Non-Conformance Reports, Requests For Information, Service Support System, DSN Network, and Field Service Reports to support the rapid disposition of field or operational issues;
- Perform other such duties as may be required.
- Communicate effectively with subordinates and management at all levels.
- Comply with all company policies and procedures.
- Contribute to building a positive team spirit.
- Maintain the highest degree of honesty and integrity at all times.
- Overnight travel (expect up to 30%) by land or air. Note: Travel is concentrated around Spring and Fall outage season and can result in extended periods away from home.
- Participate in proactive team efforts to achieve departmental and company goals.
- Protect confidential information by not communicating, disclosing to, or using it for benefit of third parties.
- Advanced personal computer skills including graphics (Pro/ENGINEER, AutoCAD), MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Access), etc.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as industry reports and technical journals.
- Ability to write technical reports and correspondence including customers’ reports.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one, small group, and large group situations to customers, clients, vendors, and other employees of the organization.
- Ability to perform necessary calculations to satisfy job requirements.
- Ability to make judgment decisions based on specifications or technical requirements.
- Regularly required to; stand, walk, talk, and hear. Typical onsite activities may also include climbing on ladders, working on scaffolding, and crawling through confined spaces.
- Must frequently lift or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift or move up to 25 pounds.
- Regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
- The employee will be required to adhere to Mitsubishi Power Americas, Inc., and customer safety procedures, including, but not limited to the use of personal protection equipment (hardhat, safety glasses or goggles, hearing, and fall protection).
- The company offers a full range of benefits starting with the first day of employment.
Mitsubishi Power Americas is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The company is committed to equal opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or gender identity.
To apply for this job please visit mhicareers.com.