General Foreman Industrial Services Job Highlights
|Title||General Foreman Industrial Services|
|Location||Tulsa, OK, United States|
Swinerton provides commercial construction and construction management services. The company delivers innovative solutions and outstanding service to customers for time-tested buildings and facilities.
The company is hiring a General Foreman (Industrial Services) who will directly supervise and coordinate the activities of foremen, journeymen, construction trades workers, and their helpers.
Responsible for oversight of one or more construction projects resulting in successful project completion.
- Not mentioned, a High School Diploma will be a plus
- 5+ years as a Foreman performing similar job-related duties
- 10+ years as a Pipefitter or Pipe Welder in a Commercial/Industrial process manufacturing environment
- Experience working in an industrial or manufacturing environment
- Meet all applicable certifications required by state, city, or county: including holding current Journeyman Pipe Welder/Pipefitter Certification or License and completion of a Pipe Welder/Pipefitter apprenticeship program or NCCER Certification.
- Ability to perform all foreman job responsibilities
- Conduct regular inspections of the work to check for inconsistencies and deviations from company-established quality standards
- Coordinate the work timely and efficiently in a safe environment
- Determine the required tools and materials to efficiently and safely execute the assignment
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with field personnel and sub-trades
- Direct the use of machines and materials being used
- Ensure the project is constructed to code and according to plans and specifications
- Hydrostatic or pneumatic tests on new and existing piping systems
- Identify, address, and resolve issues and problems as or before they occur
- Inspect the worksite to determine the presence of obstructions to the pipe route and safe means of access for installation or maintenance.
- Layout, field route, fabricate, assemble, and install new Utilities and Process piping systems according to job specifications.
- Order supplies and equipment
- Plan and schedule work and keep records of the materials used and the progress made on a job
- Read PNIDs, ISO drawings, and prints to adequately direct the installation of work assigned.
- Repair, modify, or alter existing Utilities and Process piping systems.
- Report on personnel, costs, and safety
- Supervise foremen, journeymen, and various crews on construction sites
- Other duties as assigned
- Ability to maintain a standing position for extended periods of time, fully squat, bend, or kneel while wearing a tool belt.
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team
- Adhere to all OSHA and Swinerton safety practices and procedures.
- Climb ladders, work off of ladders, man lifts, or other equipment.
- Knowledge of job scheduling, planning, expediting, and cost control
- Knowledge of safety procedures and regulations related to piping systems
- Lift or pull 50 lbs.
- Problem-solving ability and a strong sense of urgency
- Uphold Swinerton’s Core Values of Integrity, Leadership, Passion, and Excellence at all times.
- Willingness to work in various locations and conditions, including outdoors and in confined spaces
- The company provides benefits such as medical, dental, and vision, employee assistance program; basic term life and AD&D insurance, short-term disability, 401(k) and savings plan; paid vacation, and sick time; MSA Financial coaching; Care.com; ClassPass fitness membership; DoorDash delivery subscription; along with numerous other voluntary benefit options.
Swinerton is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this job please visit swinerton.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com.