General Maintenance Job Highlights
|Location||Seward, NE, United States|
Tenneco is a leading designer, manufacturer, and marketer of automotive products for original equipment and aftermarket customers.
The company is looking for a General Maintenance Person who will support manufacturing by performing general plant upkeep tasks.
Assist in machine moves and rebuilds.
- AA Degree in Auto Mechanics, Electro-Mechanical, Electrical, Electronics, Welding (college/university)
- Some type of technical area directly related to the General Maintenance field
- Must score 110 points or more on the General Maintenance evaluation
- 5 years of experience in our Maintenance Department
- Maintains operating condition of buildings and equipment, and completes simple repairs.
- Operates common hand or power tools.
- Utilizes knowledge of fundamental mechanical, electrical, carpentry, plumbing, heating and cooling, and welding skills in performing assignments.
- Certified Industrial Powered Vehicle License
- Basic computer skills
- Knowledge of SAP Order processing systems.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Ability to Learn
- Analytical Ability
- Communication skills
- Personal Development
- Quality Focus
- Technical/Functional Expertise
- Computer literate.
- Be able to use a calculator, and operate lathes, mills, grinders, micrometers, and precision measuring instruments.
- Ability to assemble complex and test mechanical machines and devices.
- Ability to apply hydraulic devices on new and existing equipment.
- Ability to apply pneumatic components properly on new or existing equipment.
- Ability to read, interpret, and work from mechanical blueprints, hydraulic schematics, and pneumatic schematics.
- Ability to design and develop a workable prototype of a new machine.
- Ability to design and develop a workable solution or modification on machines in question.
- Ability to spot potential design problems before development.
- Ability to correctly match design with correct power supplies and PSI ratings and components.
- New maintenance employees must be able to prove understanding and a working knowledge of LOTO procedures and processes before working on any equipment in the facility. They will not be required to recertify annually.
- Regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear.
- Frequently required to walk and reach with hands and arms.
- Occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- Frequently lift or move up to 50 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts; fumes or airborne particles and risk of radiation.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
- Some work at elevated heights up to 25 ft.
- Environmental aspects of this job would include the use of electrical energy, paper/paper products, generating waste paper, scrap steel, steel offal, greases, oils, lubricants, and the proper disposal of said products.
- While on the Manufacturing floor, safety glasses with side shields, hearing protection, and safety shoes must be worn. With welding operations, full welding gear should be worn if exposed to welding flash, heat, and sparks.
- 401(k) Company Match
- Dental Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flex Spending Account (FSA)
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Life Insurance (Supplemental and AD&D)
- Medical Insurance
- Paid Time Off – up to 2 weeks in 1st year
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Vision Insurance
Tenneco is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.tenneco.com.