Website WestRock Company
General Mechanic (Pipefitter/Millwright) Job Highlights
|General Mechanic – Pipefitter/Millwright
|Longview, WA, United States
WestRock Company provides differentiated, sustainable paper and packaging solutions. The team members support customers around the world.
The company is looking for a General Mechanic (Pipefitter/Millwright) who will have strong mechanical aptitude and be willing and eager to invest time and energy in training to gain the necessary skills and knowledge to be successful.
May interact with management, engineering, and vendors regarding new machinery, equipment selection, specifications, and set-up.
General Mechanics perform a variety of maintenance-related tasks in connection with the maintenance department to improve the reliability and uptime of equipment used in the pulp and paper manufacturing process.
- Applicants require a High School Diploma or GED
- Formal apprenticeship or education (preferred)
- Possess 3+ years of experience working in an industrial maintenance environment as a Journey level multi-craft mechanic, or have experience as a journey-level trade in more than one of the following trades: Millwright, Pipefitter, Welder
- Experience welding carbon and stainless steel
- Previous experience in a pulp and paper mill would be preferred
- Assembly of components with some fabrication of equipment as needed for the job
- Fabricate and assemble screwed piping and tubing, fit weld pipe or butt weld pipe, and associated brackets using blueprints and specifications within tolerance.
- Layout and mark weld points on parts or subassemblies using rule, square, scribe, or templates
- Operate cutting equipment
- Position pieces to be welded into jigs, holding fixtures, guides, and steps using measuring instruments and hand tools
- Read or sketch blueprints/drawings and perform your own fit-ups
- Safely operate overhead cranes, rigging, pipe threading machines, welding equipment, tube bending machines, and various power tools
- Selecting the type and size of pipe and related materials according to job specifications, knowledge of system operation, and study of building plans/working drawings.
- Troubleshoot and repair hydraulic and pneumatic equipment
- Self-motivated, results-driven, and capable of working independently with minimal supervision or direction.
- Ability to perform basic mathematical functions, read and interprets technical documents, and operate moderately complex software and web-based programs.
- Possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills; customer-focused and a flexible, positive attitude.
- Have the appropriate body coordination with or without reasonable accommodation to do the following for extended periods of time: climbing ladders, bending, twisting, kneeling, crawling, pulling/pushing, standing, walking, and squatting in varying temperatures (hot/cold)
- The company offers a comprehensive benefits package including health, dental, and vision plans, retirement, an employee assistance program, a fitness reimbursement program, paid holidays, and paid vacation.
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The company does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.
To apply for this job please visit westrockta.avature.net.