General Welder (Transformers) Job Highlights
|Title||General Welder – Transformers|
|Type||Full Time (2nd shift)|
|Location||Waukesha, WI, United States|
Eaton improves the quality of life and the environment through the use of power management technologies and services. We provide sustainable solutions to manage electrical, hydraulic, and mechanical power – more safely, more efficiently, and more reliably.
Eaton’s Electrical Power Reliability Division is currently seeking a General Welder (Transformers Assembly) who will operate various types of welding equipment in both SAL and MAL. This will include low voltage welding, welding on stainless and mild steel covers, using the robotic welder.
- The applicants should have a High School Diploma or GED from an accredited institution.
- The candidates should have a minimum of 1-year manufacturing experience or a technical diploma in welding.
- Low voltage welding and mild and stainless-steel cover welding.
- Operate various types of material handling equipment including a bridge crane, jib crane, and manually operated hand trucks when necessary.
- Put both weld-on and bolt-on covers to units – giving them a pressure test using air and soap.
- Use care and coordinate hand and eye on the seam welds to get proper and uniform build-up for good appearing welds.
- Use the manual robotic welder.
- Use weld fabrication equipment including an oxy-acetylene torch, plasma arc torch, tig-welder, MIG-welders, stick electrode welder, grinders, drills, and any other special tooling that may be required.
- A welder works in all positions; standing, kneeling, squatting, laying, and bending. Some parts are heavy, awkward to handle, and require mechanical powered devices to lift positions and move them. Welder is subjected to smoke, fumes, flash burns, cuts, and burns to hands and body.
- Work from basic prints, computer readouts, written and verbal instructions, and material lists using judgment when complete prints are not available.
- Work in Transformer assembly positions as needed.
- Complete other duties as assigned.
- Ability to pass Eaton weld test
- Must be able to work overtime as needed
Health benefits and vacation time are available to use on day one, paid holidays, shift premium, retirement benefits, paid parental leave, educational assistance program, wellness reimbursement, and more!
- Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship, now or in the future.
- No relocation is being offered for this role. All candidates considered must live within 50 miles of the Waukesha, WI facility.
- Active Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from the geographical area limitation.
Eaton is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. The company is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.eaton.com.