Generator Technician Job Highlights
|Location||Prairieville, LA, United States|
Airgas, an Air Liquide company, is a leading supplier of industrial, medical, and specialty gases, hard goods/related products, safety products, ammonia products, and process chemicals.
The company is looking for a Generator Technician who will repair, refurbish, and maintain engine-driven generators and ensure a safe working environment.
The position will work under the direction of the Branch Manager and in conjunction with the Shop Supervisor.
- The applicants should have Post-secondary education equivalent to a one-year Technical College or equivalent experience.
- The candidates should have 3+ years of related technical experience
- Diesel engine knowledge
- PLC engine and generator controllers experience
- Working knowledge of power generating and welding equipment, welding application, and equipment, combustion engine, electrical equipment are an asset.
- Assembles diesel power generation equipment for rental. Tests and calibrates machines to see if they are functional for rent or sale.
- Ensures a clean and organized work environment at all times.
- Identifies proper parts and their numbers needed for repairs, orders parts as required to complete those repairs through parts or Branch Coordinator.
- Inspects returned Generator equipment for proper operation and/or damage by the customer.
- Maintaining generators, diagnosing and repairing problems, or installing and replacing components or entire systems.
- Maintains a safe working environment by following Airgas/Red-D-Arc’s health and safety guidelines.
- Maintains communication with all branch personnel.
- Operates a forklift, pallet jack, or other necessary equipment load and unload equipment from vehicles and move equipment around the branch.
- Performs paint touch-ups and replaces worn and missing decals to maintain the general appearance of welding equipment. on generators, and welders to maintain a general appearance.
- Properly documents all repairs and maintenance.
- Repairs, maintains, and refurbishes all Engine Driven Power Generators, with a secondary focus on engine-driven welding equipment.
- Replaces defective parts and completes preventative maintenance required.
- Required to service equipment and customers off-site.
- Performs related duties as required.
- Ability to anticipate and solve problems, act decisively, and persist in the face of obstacles.
- Ability to effectively build relationships with both internal and external customers
- Ability to interpret and apply appropriate laws and regulations
- Ability to make critical decisions while following company procedures.
- Ability to multi-task and work independently with little supervision.
- Ability to understand the impact of new technologies on processes and costs.
- Ability to use computer equipment
- Ability to work as a team in the conception and review stages of a project
- Ability to work with a wide variety of people with different personalities and backgrounds.
- Adaptable to set and prioritize work with varying exceptions.
- Communicates with clarity, verbally and in writing, in one on one or group situations, over the telephone, and via email.
- Detailed orientated with strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Must be able to proactively and methodically deal with conflicting goals and challenging situations
- Must have excellent technical knowledge as well as strong interpersonal and management skills.
- Strong “customer service” mindset with an affinity for a ‘follow-up/follow-through’ management style and proactive communicator keeping supervisors, other leaders, and their respective teams updated.
- Communication – Demonstrates clear and concise oral conversations and interactions with others. Listens effectively; clarifies information as needed. Write in a clear, concise, and organized manner for the intended audience.
- Continuous Learning – Continuously improving knowledge and competency, ensuring that appropriate information is available to people who need it, and consistently applying what has been learned.
- Cultural Competency – Ability to interact effectively with people of different cultures. (Culture meaning the values, norms, and traditions that affect how a workgroup thinks, interacts, behaves, and makes judgments) Being aware of one’s own world view and developing positive attitudes towards cultural differences.
- Customer Focus – Anticipates and meets the needs of both internal and external customers. Delivers high-quality service; is committed to continuous improvement.
- Emotional Intelligence – Capacity to recognize our own feelings and those of others, and to manage emotions effectively in ourselves and our relationships.
- Problem Solving – Identifies and analyzes problems; weighs relevance and accuracy of information; generates and evaluates alternative solutions; makes recommendations for resolution.
- Safety/Personal Ownership – Continuously improving knowledge and competency, ensuring that appropriate information is available to people who need it, and consistently applying what has been learned.
- Team Work – Demonstrates the ability to work with others toward a shared goal, participating actively, sharing responsibility and rewards, and contributing to the capability of the team.
- Integrity/Honesty – Continuously improving knowledge and competency, ensuring that appropriate information is available to people who need it, and. consistently applying what has been learned.
- Controlled climate while working indoors in most locations
- Heat, cold, humidity, or precipitation while doing outside work
- Occasionally slippery floors
- Vibration while riding in trucks
- Balancing – Seldom
- Bending – Frequently
- Carrying items – Frequently
- Climbing stairs – Seldom (varies by location)
- Handling items – Frequently, Moderate
- Hearing – Continuously
- Kneeling – Frequently
- Lifting items – Seldom, Moderate
- Reaching – Continuously
- Seeing – Continuously
- Sitting – Frequently
- Speaking – Continuously
- Standing – Frequently
- Stooping – Seldom
- Walking – Frequently
All Apprentice Activities
- BST Training
- BST Score
- Factory or OEM Training
Technician 1 Activities
- Electric Welding Equipment
- Use load bank
- Complete Setups (Stick, MIG, TIG)
Wire Feeder Systems
- Set up a system for different wire sizes
- Test feeder
- Prepare MIG gun
- Test Flow Regulator and gas hoses
- Set up for use with electrical wall power, torch parts, and cutting capabilities
- Set up for use with diesel welder/generator system
- Test equipment using load bank
- Set up Stick, MIG, and TIG welding
- Must have a valid Driver’s License
Airgas is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or disability.
To apply for this job please visit airgas.taleo.net.