Website General Motors
GM Defense Supplier Quality Engineer Job Highlights
|Title||GM Defense Supplier Quality Engineer|
|Location||Warren, MI, United States|
General Motors’ vision is to create a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions, and Zero Congestion. We embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer, and more equitable for all. The company specializes in engineering, cars, trucks, vehicles, manufacturing, automotive, transportation, information technology, and electrification.
The company is looking for a Supplier Quality Engineer (SQE) in GM Defense, who will be the technical liaison between GM purchasing, product engineering, manufacturing, and our supply base.
Further, he/she will work with the suppliers to resolve supplier manufacturing and quality issues, implement and monitor advanced quality planning systems, and provide technical support throughout the lifecycle of a particular commodity.
- The applicants should have completed a Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering (Mechanical, Industrial, Electrical, Manufacturing, Welding, Plastics, Materials, Chemical) preferred or an equivalent Technical Degree such as Applied Mathematics, Chemistry, Physics is acceptable.
- The candidates should have a minimum of 3 years of experience in quality, engineering, and/or manufacturing.
- Assuring supplier understanding and compliance with APQP and PPAP approval requirements.
- Facilitating root cause analysis and corrective actions of supplier quality issues.
- Improving the quality performance of suppliers by conducting onsite workshops at supplier locations, providing technical assistance in developing a robust quality system, or other technical support as required.
- Performing on-site supplier visits to root cause and verify correction actions of supplier quality issues.
- Performing PPAP and Run-at-rate verifications, audits, and periodic compliance monitoring.
- Providing technical assistance during supplier launch, change-over, and ongoing production activities.
- Reviewing and approving quality plans (Control Plans, PFMEA) for new components and assemblies.
- Reviewing and auditing supplier manufacturing processes and quality systems.
- 5 years of experience
- Experienced in software such as Teamcenter VisMockup or other 3d CAD.
- Manufacturing, Process, and/or Tool Engineering.
- A Master’s degree in Business or Engineering is a plus.
- OEM or Tier 1 experience in automotive.
- Product Engineering and/or program management.
- Quality engineering, supplier quality, and/or manufacturing quality.
- Quality Systems Planning (APQP), including PPAP.
- Statistical Problem Solving (Red X, DFSS, DMAIC).
- Technical and Quality Certifications are a plus.
- Ability to investigate quality problems and to apply sound technical judgment to develop solutions.
- Ability to travel up to 50% (domestic and international).
- Knowledge of geometric design and tolerancing (GD&T).
- Knowledge of manufacturing and assembly plant processes, procedures, tooling, equipment, and facilities.
- Knowledge of statistical quality control and design of experiments.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint for technical communications is required.
- Proficient in print reading and interpretation, part measurement, gauge design, and function.
- Company and matching contributions to 401K savings plan to help you save for retirement
- Discount on GM vehicles for you, your family, and friends
- Global recognition program for peers and leaders to recognize and be recognized for results and behaviors that reflect our company values
- Healthcare (including a triple tax-advantaged health savings account and wellness incentive), dental, vision, and life insurance plans to cover you and your family
- Paid time off including vacation days, holidays, and parental leave for mothers, fathers, and adoptive parents
- Tuition assistance and student loan refinancing
General Motors provides opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual’s age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, or veteran status.
Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities.
To apply for this job please visit search-careers.gm.com.