Website Maysteel Industries
Grinder I Job Highlights
|Location||Lynchburg, VA, United States|
Maysteel Industries provides complex sheet metal fabrication with a focus on design for manufacturing. The company designs, engineers and manufactures custom OEM sheet metal enclosures, kiosks, cabinets, and racks for a wide range of industries.
The company is looking for a Grinder who will grind welded machined and fabricated parts to print requirements. Meet internal and external customer needs, making continuous improvements, and attaining departmental goals/objectives.
This will require moving materials/products by hand or forklift to or from destinations as required for production, storage, or shipment.
- The prospective applicants should have a High School Graduate or GED
- The candidates should have specialized training beyond high school or related experience
- Training or equivalent combination of education (program) and experience
- Ability to work with others in groups, demonstrating an ability to get along and work with others.
- Ensure on-time delivery and quality of product to internal and external customers.
- Grind and/or vibrate parts to the required finish, efficiently and productively.
- Keep work area and equipment in a neat and orderly condition.
- Maintain excellent housekeeping in and around the working area.
- Maintain the equipment and tooling in the proper working condition.
- Must adhere to all safety rules and regulations and promptly notify management of any hazardous, unsafe condition,s or personal injuries while on the job.
- Recommend/implement process improvements.
- Will be required to train others as necessary and use all types of material handling equipment.
- Work closely with the welders as required to ensure the quality of the product.
- Perform other duties as assigned
- General word processing and manufacturing software knowledge
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as blueprints, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to speak effectively.
- Ability to write routine correspondence.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- 1st, 2nd, and 3rd shift options
- Competitive pay and benefits
- Growth opportunities including tuition reimbursement
- Modern, clean, and safe facilities
- Sign-on bonuses for select positions
- Ability to lift 35 lbs. and over
- Must be able to wear required personal protective equipment as required
- Safety Glasses required at all times on the plant floor
Maysteel Industries is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer of all qualified individuals. The company does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
To apply for this job please visit us61.dayforcehcm.com.