Website Howmet Aerospace
Grinder Job Highlights
|Location||Rancho Cucamonga, CA, United States|
Howmet Aerospace provides advanced engineered solutions for the aerospace and transportation industries. The Company’s primary businesses focus on jet engine components, aerospace fastening systems, titanium structural parts necessary for mission-critical performance and efficiency in aerospace and defense applications, and forged wheels for commercial transportation.
The company is hiring a Grinder who will utilize a large swing grinder or small hand grinder to condition parts for defect removal.
Grind and smooth surfaces of parts, prior to finishing operations by performing the following duties.
- The applicants should have a High School Diploma or GED
- The candidates should have a minimum of 3 months of experience.
- Examines and feels the surface of the workpiece for defects.
- Maintains a safe and organized workstation and follows all company policy, safety and procedures.
- Polishes ground areas with finer abrasive to produce a smooth, unmarred surface.
- Removal of defects or sharp edges.
- Replaces worn abrasive disks, wheels, and belts.
- Selects grade of abrasive belt, wheel, or disk according to specifications, knowledge of abrasives, and condition of metal, and attaches to grinder.
- Starts grinder and moves it over the surface of a workpiece to remove scratches, laminated metal, excess weld material, and burs.
- Employees must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire.
- This position is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) which requires U.S. person status.
- Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Howmet Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this job please visit emhl.fa.us2.oraclecloud.com.