Group Leader Job Highlights
|Location||Cambridge, Ontario, Canada|
Tenneco is one of the world’s leading designers, manufacturers, and marketers of automotive products for original equipment and aftermarket customers.
The company is looking for a Group Leader who will organize and manage all production and related activities in the assigned production area.
Supervises the production team members in implementing work processes, ensuring the production proceeds smoothly.
Responsible for team building, developing team leadership skills, and assessing and coaching Team Leaders and Team Members in optimizing resources in the most efficient manner consistent with standard work procedures, work instructions, quality standards, and safety parameters.
Ensures company policies are followed.
- Applicants should have a College Degree or equivalent
- Possess 2+ years of production management experience.
- Automotive experience (preferred)
- Experience in the effective use of quality gauges/equipment, inventory systems, blueprint interpretation, computer applications, and SPC charting.
- Assesses Team Leader skillset and is responsible for their ongoing development plan with regular coaching and feedback. (Using Tenneco TL assessment tool).
- Assists manager and equipment/process engineers to develop and maintain a TPM Checklist and oversee the ongoing process checks by the teams.
- Carries out LPA’s as required.
- Champions a 5S culture in the assigned area, ensures standards are achieved/maintained, and continue to improve.
- Champions the analysis and solution to any major quality issues in their boundary area.
- Coaches Team Leaders in raising their Safety, Quality, and Process awareness and in carrying out tasks, while mentoring them to expose and resolve any hidden quality, safety, and process issues.
- Controls MRO optimized usage in assigned area.
- Develops supports and monitors activities to foster teamwork
- Develops, implements, and executes standard work for themselves and Team Leaders in their area.
- Directs the maintenance and management of equipment and fixtures and assists in the definition of equipment and fixtures for new projects.
- Drafts Lessons Learned safety and quality documents for their assigned area to support knowledge sharing across all teams.
- Ensures production is organized in accordance with the related quality documents in the production line including all quality control checks, activities, and poka-yoke systems.
- Investigates reports and communicates all accidents, injuries or illness, and near misses within the area of responsibility.
- Is aware of the Team Leader’s and Team Member’s condition and communicates frequently, ensuring stability in the team. Promptly reports issues to the FF Leader/Production Manager and the HR department if needed.
- Leads by example and reinforces safety practices while enforcing Tenneco safety policies.
- Leads the team in creating a safe working environment by organizing & holding monthly safety meetings for safety education, risk assessments, accident investigations, and other related activities to increase safety awareness.
- Owns the Improvement Strategy for their area and manages the group’s Continuous Improvement board including the review, assignment of responsibility, timing plan, and completion of CI Ideas.
- Participates in the drafting, auditing, and updating of production process documents, operating standards, and other related documentation.
- Plans and leads CI workshops for the achievement of Improvement Goals.
- Provides Input on the Equipment, Process Flow, and Tooling design for new projects.
- Reviews hourly performance of each Team Leader’s area and supports countermeasures to address any performance issues the Team Leader cannot resolve, and defines actions, mentoring, or solutions to prevent their recurrence.
- Reviews Team Performance Boards and manages the group’s performance KPIs for Safety, Quality, Delivery, Cost, and People using the Group Performance Board and related weekly/monthly documents.
- Ability to operate, troubleshoot, make minor adjustments or perform preventive maintenance on metal bending, welding, forming, fabrication, and assembly equipment.
- Ability to prepare routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Must be able to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram forms.
- Must be able to read, write and perform basic math skills (basic algebra, fractions, geometry).
- Proficient in MS Office.
- Travel: Occasional travel may be required.
Tenneco is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.tenneco.com.