Website Siemens Energy
GT Fitter/Welder 3×12 Weekend Night Shift Job Highlights
|Title||GT Fitter/Welder 3×12 Weekend Night Shift|
|Location||Charlotte, NC, United States|
Siemens Energy AG is one of the world’s leading energy technology companies. The company works on energy systems for the future, thus supporting the transition to a more sustainable world. With its portfolio of products, solutions, and services, Siemens Energy covers almost the entire energy value chain – from power generation and transmission to storage.
The portfolio includes conventional and renewable energy technology, such as gas and steam turbines, hybrid power plants operated with hydrogen, and power generators and transformers.
The company is hiring a GT Fitter Welder (weekend night shift) to join its team for manufacturing activities.
- The applicants must have a High School Diploma or Equivalent
- The candidates should have 1 to 3 years of industrial-welding-assembly experience
- Follows Siemens established procedures to operate machinery and equipment.
- General mental and visual attention is necessary when performing complex process operations to hold the close tolerances per drawing specifications.
- Interpret detailed drawings/sketches, blueprints, manufacture specifications, etc., and determine necessary tools to perform required machining operations.
- Perform a wide variety of GT layout/fitting, assembly, blading, welding required to complete fully assembled turbine components.
- Using material handling devices (Jib, B/C cranes, forklifts), loads/unloads parts from machines and/or assists crane operator.
- Ability to obtain fork truck and crane license. Prefer to have previous experience.
- Ability to use basic shop math and precision measuring equipment.
- Embrace Safety and Quality Culture.
- Must be able to pass standard hearing, vision, and PFT tests.
- Must be able to pass the following welding qualification tests: Inconel GMAW 6G Butt Joint Open Root to the ISO standard.
- Must be able to wear a respirator
- Required to lift/move 50 lbs. of materials
Personal Growth Opportunities-
- Exposure to the latest technology in gas turbine combustion components and working with high technology equipment.
- Opportunity to work in a Fast-Paced environment.
- Several other career opportunities are available within Siemens Energy.
- Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States without the need for current or future employer-sponsored work authorization.
- Siemens Energy employees with current visa sponsorship may be eligible for internal transfers.
Siemens Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.siemens-energy.com.