Website Blue Origin
GTAW Welding Technician Job Highlights
|Title||GTAW Welding Technician|
|Location||Kent, WA, United States|
Blue Origin is working on the vision to enable a future where millions of people are living and working in space to benefit Earth. The company believes we must protect Earth by moving heavy industries that stress our planet into space and finding new energy and material resources. Blue is working on this today by developing operationally reusable launch vehicles that are safe, reliable, and highly available.
The company is seeking GTAW Welding Technician who can apply technical expertise, leadership skills, and commitment to quality to positively impact safe human spaceflight.
- The applicants may be required basic education i.e. High School Diploma or GED
- The candidates should have 5+ years of experience with DC- and AC-TIG welding of aerospace stainless steel and aluminum alloys.
- Be responsible for welding multiple aluminum alloys using the GTAW welding process and the manufacture, assembly, and test for various spaceflight systems.
- Support production and development-related activities that directly affect rocket launch vehicles and spacecraft.
- Work directly with flight hardware for various spaceflight systems.
- Ability to develop fixtures/tooling.
- Ability to earn trust, maintain positive and professional relationships, and contribute to a culture of inclusion.
- Ability to interpret engineering drawings.
- Ability to support Monday through Thursday 1st shift (A shift) 5 am – 3:30 pm and additional weekend overtime as requested.
- Ability to use precision hand tools, standard mechanical tools, and fabrication shop equipment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; and the ability to document and maintain accurate records.
- Familiar with the use of personal computers.
- Experience operating heavy lifting equipment such as cranes and forklifts around flight critical hardware.
- Familiarity with tube fabrication (bend, flare, fittings, etc.) and pressurized system safety.
- Knowledge of drawing review, scheduling and work order systems, inventory, and various issue tracking systems.
- Knowledgeable in the use of 3-D CAD tools (CREO is preferred), and ability to read and interpret GD&T per ASME Y14.5M-1994 standard.
- Machining experience.
- Orbital welding experience or knowledge.
- The company offers benefits that include Medical, dental, vision, basic and supplemental life insurance, short and long-term disability, and 401(k) with up to 4% company match.
- Paid Time Off: Provides up to 4 weeks per year, in addition to 11 holidays
- Must be a U.S. citizen or national, U.S. permanent resident (current Green Card holder), or lawfully admitted into the U.S. as a refugee or granted asylum.
- Blue Origin will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the Washington Fair Chance Act, Los Angeles Fair Chance in Hiring Ordinance, and other applicable laws.
Blue Origin is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. The company provides all qualified applicants for employment and employees with equal opportunities for hire, promotion, and other terms and conditions of employment, regardless of their race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin/ethnicity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, and/or local law.
To apply for this job please visit blueorigin.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com.