Hand Welder Job Highlights
|Location||Harrisonburg, VA, United States|
Tenneco is one of the world’s leading designers, manufacturers, and marketers of automotive products for original equipment and aftermarket customers.
The company is seeking a Hand Welder who will lay out, fit, and weld various components to assemble mufflers, pipes, and catalytic converters to meet production schedules.
- The applicants should have a High School Diploma or GED Equivalent
- The candidates should have previous experience as a MIG welder (preferred)
- Must complete Walker in-house certification process
- Bolts, clamps, and tack-welds parts to secure in position for welding.
- Completes all necessary paperwork such as job cards, production and inventory tickets, and other data as required.
- Completes annual reviews of OSHA-required training classes as assigned by supervisor.
- Inspects parts, measuring as needed, to ensure that all products meet or exceed quality standards. Follows quality procedures to meet QS/TS guidelines including those listed in Station Control Plan.
- Lays out, positions, aligns, and fits components together according to blueprint and route card specifications.
- Maintains a high standard of housekeeping in the department. Performs clean-up duties in the work area as assigned.
- Repairs products by dismantling, straightening, reshaping, and reassembling parts.
- Reports all safety malfunctions as well as any near-hits or injuries immediately to the supervisor.
- Sets up equipment and welds parts, using arc, gas-shielded arc, MIG, TIG, or gas welding equipment.
- Working from a blueprint/route card, selects equipment/plans layout, assembly, and welding.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Ability to read and comprehend blueprints, simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos or other written documents such as safety rules, operating instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write simple correspondence.
- Ability to interact cooperatively with supervisors and co-workers.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide into all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- May be required to convert decimals to fractions or vice versa.
- Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent.
- Ability to use and interpret measuring gauges.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Ability to interpret blueprint drawings to determine the proper type, placement, and amount of weld.
- Regularly required to stand.
- Frequently is required to walk; use hands to handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch; and talk.
- Frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus to visually inspect the product.
- Personal protective equipment is required including but not limited to welding coat, welding sleeves, welding hood, welding gloves, hearing protection, and eye protection.
- The noise level is usually moderate.
- The environment includes exhaust systems for proper ventilation, although the work environment does sometimes include fumes, weld smoke, or particulate matter that becomes airborne.
Tenneco is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.tenneco.com.