Heavy Diesel Fleet Mechanic II Job Highlights
|Title||Heavy Diesel Fleet Mechanic II|
|Experience||4 to 6 Years|
|Location||Colorado Springs, CO, United States|
Serco is one of the world’s largest providers of public services to Governments. It operates in five sectors of public-service provision i.e. Health, Transport, Justice & Immigration, Defense, and Citizens Services.
The company is looking for an individual who shares our desire to make a positive difference, the confidence to work as part of a team, the insight to spot the opportunity to do things better, and, importantly, the ability to take the initiative and put great ideas into practice wherever they are needed.
- The prospective applicants should have passed a High school diploma or GED from a welding school, college or tech center.
- Diesel vocational/technical school certifications
- ASE Certifications preferred or capable of gaining certifications within 12 months of hire
- 2 to 4 years of experience on Vactor systems and directional drills
- Welding Certification and/or 3 to 5 years of experience
- Combination of Cummins, CAT, International, Allison, Vermeer, Sweeper, Ford, GM, etc. training, certification, and 4 to 6 years of experience
- Perform welding repairs when required
- A certain degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
- Work under general supervision and is a self-starter.
- Operate and perform diagnosis on equipment, maintain and repair hydraulic systems, route and replaces hydraulic lines, check system for leaks and proper operation.
- Perform diagnosis and repair of complex electrical systems.
- Perform operational and functional inspections, repairs, and maintenance on large diesel-powered fleet vehicles and various construction equipment
- Perform routine vehicle and equipment preventive maintenance inspections, DOT inspections and replace fluids, check lights and other electrical system components, etc.
- Provide clear and accurate information when entering work order data into a fleet maintenance system.
- The list of duties does not include all duties that may be assigned to this position.
- Advanced electrical system repair and troubleshooting ability.
- Basic Windows System and Microsoft Office Knowledge.
- Advanced hydraulic system repair and troubleshooting ability.
- Must possess the necessary skills to operate and interpret diagnostic equipment.
- Candidates must provide common technician hand tools.
- Must be able to effectively communicate with customers.
- Ability to work on a diverse equipment set, which includes mowers, cranes, backhoes, trailers, Vactor units, directional drills, trenchers, bulldozers, excavators, wood chippers, asphalt laying equipment, diggers, and pole setting equipment, aerial man-lifts, cranes, medium and heavy trucks and mounted/non-mounted attachments.
- Access to Free job training and development tools
- Tuition reimbursement
- The short and long term disability
- A combination of vacation, holiday, and sick/personal time off, 25 paid days off annually
- Health, Dental, Vision, and life insurance with multiple program options to fit your needs
What We Offer
- Allowances for safety boots, tools, and safety glasses.
- Free and paid training.
- ASE certification testing reimbursement.
- Well-equipped shops in regulatory compliant shops with excellent security,
- License and inspection cost reimbursement as well as tuition reimbursement for industry schools,
- Pay rates above market average for your area with annual increases and promotion potential,
- 2 weeks of uniforms, including wet and cold weather gear and all required PPE and shop gear,
Serco is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversifying our workforce (race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, and vets).
To apply for this job please visit careers-sercona.icims.com.