Heavy Duty Mechanic w/Rig Job Highlights
|Title||Heavy Duty Mechanic w/Rig|
|Location||Kamloops, BC, Canada|
Ledcor Group of Companies is one of the most diversified construction companies, serving the building, heavy industrial, civil and infrastructure, mining, pipeline, power, and communications sectors. Ledcor also owns operations in aviation, forestry, marine transportation services, property investment, and wastewater treatment.
The company is looking for a Heavy Duty Mechanic (Rigs) who will perform the maintenance and repair of heavy equipment in accordance with quality, safety, and efficiency standards.
- Must be an Interprovincial Red Seal or Journeyman Heavy Equipment Technician ticket from a recognized provincial training authority or be a registered Heavy Duty Mechanic Apprentice with a recognized provincial training authority
- Must be willing and able to obtain valid PCST (Pipeline Construction Safety Training), First Aid Lvl C with CPR, Professional Driver Improvement Training, and Ground Disturbance Lvl 2 certificates. Training provided.
- Minimum 3 years of experience working on a pipeline or similar experience.
- Must have experience maintaining and repairing D4-D8 Dozers, 25-45 ton Excavators, Hydraulic Sidebooms, highway trucks, trailers, and various other pipeline equipment
- Demonstrate continuous effort to improve operations, decrease turnaround times, and streamline work processes
- Diagnose faults or malfunctions and repair or replace defective parts, components, or systems
- Fabricate, construct, install, and repair equipment and machinery
- Interpret work orders and technical manuals
- Perform preventative maintenance including filter and lube services
- Repair, overhaul, maintain and service drive trains and final drives, hydraulic transmissions, power take-offs, tracked vehicle suspensions and steering, vehicle brake systems, wheel-mounted vehicle suspension and steering
- Repair, overhaul, maintain and service fuel injection systems, exhaust systems, cooling systems, air conditioning systems, lubrication systems, engine control systems, major internal engine repairs or overhauls, installation, and alignment of engines and machinery
- Repair, overhaul, maintain and service heavy trucks and heavy construction equipment
- Test repaired equipment for proper performance
- Troubleshoot and inspect equipment to detect faults and malfunctions.
- Write service reports
- You’re a team player who helps out when needed
- Demonstrated ability to work under minimal supervision
- Must have demonstrated ability to work under minimal supervision
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and provide a valid abstract
- Must successfully complete pre-access drug and alcohol testing
- Must possess a truck that includes a crane, compressor, and tools suitable for work on heavy equipment
- 4×4 equipped truck, welder, and diagnostic laptop are an asset
- Site-based position
- 6 days on, 1 day off
- Camp based accommodation
Ledcor is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified individuals, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or any other identifying characteristic are encouraged to apply.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.ledcor.com.