Website MYR Group
Heavy Equipment Field Mechanic Job Highlights
|Title||Heavy Equipment Field Mechanic|
|Location||Portland, OR, United States|
MYR Group and its subsidiaries deliver the most notable electrical infrastructure and commercial and industrial projects. The company’s integrated solutions, extensive expertise, and comprehensive approach provide superior electrical construction services that drive strong project outcomes with exceptional customer service and value.
The company is looking for a Heavy Equipment Field Mechanic who will service and repair MYR equipment and provide support to the construction crews.
This position is in the field; travel and overtime are required.
- The employer didn’t mention any special education, yet a High School Diploma may be required.
- 5 years of experience on class 1 to class 8 chassis service and repairs
- 5 years of experience in hydraulic systems
- 5 years of experience on dirt equipment (backhoes, dozers, etc.)
- Constructing, maintaining, and testing mechanical equipment.
- Performing repairs and preventative maintenance on electrical construction and transportation equipment.
- Understand and comply with the Company’s Code of Business Conduct and Ethics and other industry-specific professional and ethical conduct standards, if applicable.
- Aerial lifts
- Boom trucks
- Bucket trucks
- Class 1 to 8 vehicles
- Construction equipment
- Digger derricks
- Dozers and other construction equipment
- Large mobile cranes
- Overhead pullers and tension machines
Note: Successful candidates will have had previous experience and training on the above equipment.
- Ability to use a wide range of personal hand tools
- Able to balance large workloads and coordinate mandated inspections
- Experience in aerial equipment (insulated bucket trucks, digger derricks, and large mobile cranes) preferred
- Good communication and computer skills
- Good welding skills: Stick, MIG, TIG, and gas
- The ability to multitask and identify parts or machines that need new components, or need to be replaced, will be necessary.
- Valid CDL B license (or higher) or willingness to obtain one within 90 days of hire
- $15 weekly premium for employee-only and employee plus family coverage
- 100% match up to 6%; immediate vesting
- Annual profit-sharing potential
- Auto and homeowners
- Company-paid life and accidental death and dismemberment
- Company-paid Short/Long-term disability
- Comprehensive benefits package
- Critical illness and accident plans
- Flexible spending accounts
- Generous 401(k) Plan
- Group legal
- Holidays (8 per year)
- Identity theft protection
- Low deductibles and out-of-pocket maximums
- Medical, dental, and vision
- Paid time off
- PTO starts at 15 days annually
- Superior educational assistance program
- Supplemental life and accidental death and dismemberment
- Weekly pay via direct deposit
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience.
MYR Group and its subsidiaries are proud to be Equal Opportunity Employers. The Group is committed to a work environment that supports, inspires, and respects all individuals and in which personnel processes are merit-based and applied without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, disability, national or ethnic origin, military service status, or other protected characteristics.
To apply for this job please visit careers.myrgroup.com.