Website Precision Castparts Corporation
Heavy Equipment Maintenance Technician Job Highlights
|Heavy Equipment Maintenance Technician
|Houston, TX, United States
|Precision Castparts Corporation
Precision Castparts is a market leader in manufacturing large, complex structural investment castings, airfoil castings, forged components, aerostructures, and highly engineered, critical fasteners for aerospace applications. The company also produces airfoil castings for the industrial gas turbine market.
The company is searching for a Heavy Equipment Maintenance Technician who will troubleshoot, repair, and maintain machinery and production equipment throughout the entire plant. This would include hydraulic systems, pneumatic systems, engines, motors, cranes and other lifting equipment, conveyor systems, duct collection systems, pumps, piping systems, structural steel/platforms, and other equipment by performing the following duties.
- Not mentioned, yet a High School Diploma will be a plus
- Possess work-related experience (a plus)
- Weld Exam: Employees who pass the written and practical sections of the hiring process will be required to go off-site and perform a structural plate weld test to our certified procedure and the test coupon must pass the bend test. (Not required for individuals who possess current certifications and can present supporting documentation)
- Perform structural welding as required (3G qualified required, 6G qualified is preferred).
- Demonstrate a good understanding of the proper use of mechanical tools and the application of acceptable mechanical principles.
- Demonstrate proficiency in reading blueprints to fabricate, assemble, and troubleshoot mechanical equipment or piping systems.
- Demonstrate proficiency in understanding and troubleshooting basic hydraulic systems through the use of schematics, manufacturer documentation, and hydraulic system knowledge.
- Demonstrate thorough knowledge and proper use of company and department work and safety procedures.
- Demonstrates good knowledge and application of rigging techniques and procedures.
- A good understanding of press and other critical equipment operations and the ability to troubleshoot/resolve problems is a plus.
- Must be able to meet the physical demands of the job as outlined below.
- Must have a working knowledge of precision measurement equipment such as defined in the Training Center.
- Observe mechanical devices and equipment in operation to determine the proper condition of equipment and what, if any, repairs are required.
- Performs preventive or predictive maintenance and inspections on equipment using knowledge and written/verbal instructions.
- Preferred ability to use dial indicators or laser alignment equipment to properly align two pieces of equipment.
- Proficiency in proper start-up and shutdown of all press systems is a plus.
- Repairs or replaces defective parts, lubricates equipment, and cleans equipment.
- Understands high-pressure equipment (>5,000 psi) and has basic knowledge of Lockout Tagout.
- Uses oxygen/acetylene torch for routine cutting and burning of materials and applying heat for removal of mechanical parts.
- Perform any and all other maintenance and operational duties as directed by supervision.
- Ability to read and perform a job or task using written instructions
- Ability to read blueprints for fabrication and installation
- Demonstrate the ability to read and learn new tasks
- Knowledge of hydraulics and pneumatics
- Possess basic math skills (add, subtract, multiply, divide, percentages, etc.)
- Written Skills Evaluation
- Cross-functional interview
- Practical Exam (further maintenance skills)
- Frequently required to stand; walk; use arms and hands; climb and balance; stoop; kneel; crouch; and crawl.
- Must be able to read, listen, and give verbal instructions.
- Must frequently lift or move up to 50 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close-up and distant vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Must be able to work above ground to heights in excess of 100 ft. and below grade to depths of 80 ft.
- Must also be able to work in close cramped areas.
Precision Castparts is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
To apply for this job please visit pcctalentacquisitionportal.tal.net.