Heavy Equipment Mechanic Job Highlights
|Title||Heavy Equipment Mechanic|
|Location||Carson City, NV, United States|
Arcosa provides infrastructure-related products and solutions with leading brands serving engineered structures, construction, and transportation markets.
The company (Arcosa Specialty Materials) is seeking a Heavy Equipment Mechanic who will support a positive safety culture within an open pit mining operation that is regulated by MSHA safety standards.
Perform maintenance on all types of mining equipment.
- No education level is mentioned, yet a High School Diploma will be a plus
- Possess at least 5+ years of diesel mechanic experience, preferably heavy equipment mechanics in construction or mining environments.
- MSHA Certification (we will train)
- Welding experience
- Actively promote and observe safety and security procedures and use equipment and materials properly.
- Assist operators with preventative and predictive maintenance of equipment by inspecting and testing electrical, mechanical, and hydraulic components.
- Attend scheduled departmental and safety meetings.
- Comply with strict safety procedures, following all MSHA guidelines.
- Control downtime by informing operators of daily preventive maintenance techniques; monitoring compliance.
- Demonstrate aptitude to acquire additional skills.
- Demonstrate initiative, accuracy, and thoroughness.
- Ensure that safety, health, and environmental legal and company standards are complied with, emphasizing safety as a top priority.
- Keep accurate and detailed records of equipment failures and repairs.
- Locate sources of problems by observing mechanical devices in operation; listening for problems; using precision measuring and testing instruments.
- Observe all operational policies and procedures.
- Perform other tasks as assigned by management.
- Purchase and pick up parts.
- Report potentially unsafe conditions.
- Some welding, performing minor body work.
- Work independently while understanding the necessity for communicating and coordinating work efforts with other employees.
- Actively helps and trains others.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as manuals and labels.
- Ability to fill out all paperwork associated with the job.
- Ability to set priorities that accurately reflect the relative importance of job responsibilities.
- Good communication skills and ability to follow directions.
- Problem-solving skills; exercises good judgment in determining the best method and procedure to be followed.
- Proficient skills in General Maintenance, Lubrication, Welding, Hydraulics, Drive Trains, and Diagnostics.
- Prompt, regular, and predictable attendance.
- Other duties as assigned
- The ability to stand, stoop, bend, lift, walk, climb stairs, ladders, and catwalks up to 60 feet as required, and lift weights up to 60 pounds.
- The ability to work in a varied outdoor environment (cold, hot, dry, dusty, rainy).
- Willingness and ability to work overtime hours.
- 11 paid Company holidays
- 401k with Employer Match
- Employee Discount Programs
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Health and Wellness Programs
- Life Insurance
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Paid vacation and sick time
- Professional Training and Development Programs
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Tuition reimbursement
- Career Advancement Opportunities – We like to promote from within!
Arcosa is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this job please visit recruiting2.ultipro.com.