Heavy Equipment Mechanic Job Highlights
|Title||Heavy Equipment Mechanic|
|Location||Hawthorne, NV, United States|
Amentum is a premier global leader in designing, engineering, managing, and modernizing critical systems and programs of national significance across defense, security, intelligence, energy, and the environment.
The company is looking for a Heavy Equipment Mechanic to join its team.
- No education level is mentioned, yet a High School Diploma will be a plus
- Possess work-related experience (a plus)
- Be able to look up papers and orders if needed. Know how to look up parts in the parts book and on the computer.
- Be at work when scheduled and maintain a good attendance record.
- Follow Safety Data Sheet guidelines for handling, storage, and disposal of Hazardous Materials.
- Keep the work area clean and maintain a safe work area
- May be required to work overtime
- Minor fabricating and welding as needed not to exceed major rebuilds. Welding and Fabricating: Be able to Stick/weld wire feed weld.
- Perform all work in compliance with environmental permits and regulations.
- Perform all work safely and with the utmost concern for the safety of self and other employees.
- Repair or replace injection valves, cylinder heads, and, gaskets. Repair clutches, transmission systems, differentials, air compressors, pumps, filter units, starting engines, generators, governors, hydraulic systems, air systems, heating and cooling systems, steering systems, electrical systems, and associated components.
- Repair various specialized mechanical parts of equipment. Steam clean equipment and parts as required. Operate hoists, dollies, jacks, and other carrying devices for handling heavy objects.
- Troubleshooting of hydraulic and electrical systems. Be able to use a cutting torch in its proper manner. Do PMs in the allotted time given.
- Other duties as assigned
Amentum is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The company provides equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.
To apply for this job please visit www.amentumcareers.com.