Website Commercial Metals Company
Heavy Equipment Mechanic Job Highlights
|Title||Heavy Equipment Mechanic|
|Location||Lexington, SC, United States|
|Company||Commercial Metals Company|
Commercial Metals Company is a Fortune 500 company. The company serves as the backbone for an incredible array of highways, structures, and other steel projects.
The company seeks a Heavy Equipment Mechanic who will spend the day in an office cubicle, operating a crane or running the melt shop at one of the mills.
- The applicants should have a High School Diploma, GED, or equivalent
- Possess an experience with hydraulics/pneumatics, wiring, and working on heavy equipment
- Demonstrates dependability in attendance, work completion, and flexibility to meet business needs
- Effectively communicates with co-workers and customers in a positive manner
- Keeps equipment operating by following operating instructions; troubleshooting breakdowns; maintaining supplies; performing preventive maintenance; calling for repairs when needed
- Participates in the CMC Safety Programs and proactively upholds the CMC Safety Culture
- Prepares and maintains accurate records of services and repairs
- Any other tasks as assigned by the supervisor
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to work as a team player in a fast-paced environment, with a strong work ethic and attention to detail to find the root cause for equipment failures
- Ability to work overtime as necessary outside of normally scheduled shift with little or no advance notification
- Capable of performing a wide range of physical activities which include pulling, reaching, bending, climbing, and kneeling
- Must be able to stand for significant lengths of time in an industrial environment with exposure to all elements of weather
- Proficient in reading and understanding technical documents, diagrams, and service manuals
- Welding, cutting, and fabrication skills
- Valid driver’s license
- Advancement opportunities
- Company matching 401(k) plan
- Company-paid life and disability
- Competitive compensation
- Employee stock purchase plan
- Low-cost medical, dental, vision
- Paid time off
CMC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, physical or mental disability, national origin, citizenship, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, or other status protected by federal, state or local law.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.cmc.com.