Heavy Equipment Mechanic/Welder (Site) Job Highlights
|Title||Heavy Equipment Mechanic/Welder (Site)|
|Location||Denver, CO, United States|
Thiess is a global company that partners with clients to deliver excellence in open cut and underground mining. The company’s expertise spans most of the world’s commodities including metallurgical and thermal coal, lignite, iron ore, copper, nickel, gold, and diamonds. We offer the widest range of in-house surface mining capabilities and critical underground mining services.
The company is searching for a Heavy Equipment Mechanic/Welder who will support the mining team and be responsible for the safe repair of mining shovel, loader, haul truck, water truck, dozer, grader, and miscellaneous support equipment.
- The applicants should have a High School Diploma or GED certificate
- Post-secondary Certificate or Degree in Mechanical/Welding
- The candidates should have 2 to 5 years of experience with diesel/heavy equipment repair
- 5 or more years of experience in mining, or related industry
- Welding experience
- Post-high school training in a related area
- Complete shop paperwork.
- Determine what parts and tools are necessary to make repairs.
- Maintain a clean and safe work area.
- Perform electrical, hydraulic, and mechanical repairs as well as preventative maintenance.
- To be responsible for safe repair of Mining shovel, loader, haul truck, water truck, dozer, grader, and miscellaneous support equipment.
- Troubleshoot issues with diesel engines.
- Ability and willingness to work different schedules on-site based on project needs.
- Communications skills; Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and seeks confirmation of understanding; effectively responds well to questions.
- Demonstrated ability to achieve results within a team environment with minimal supervision at times.
- Demonstrated a high level of analytical ability and ability to problem solve.
- High level of attention to detail and excellent follow-up skills.
- Mining or heavy industrial construction experience is considered an asset.
- The ability to work in a team environment.
- Authorization to work lawfully in the USA without sponsorship from Thiess is required.
- Valid driver’s license and a clean driving record.
- 401K retirement savings benefit with employer matching contributions.
- A competitive base salary is reflective of your skills and experience with project premiums and bonuses.
- A permanent position working directly for Thiess.
- A work environment where safety is always the number one priority. Our safety-first culture guides our overarching objective – to keep everyone safe every day.
- Career development and opportunities locally, domestically within the US, and potentially globally.
- Comprehensive medical benefits include private health insurance with 100% premium coverage for the employees and competitively subsidized private health insurance for immediate family.
- Leave for all of life’s reasons.
- Preference for a candidate who lives near Denver, Colorado (not mandatory). Possible domestic relocation assistance or Fly in/Fly Out (FIFO).
Thiess is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard for race, color, gender, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, military status, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or any other protected group status.
To apply for this job please visit careersmanager.pageuppeople.com.