Helper/Cleaner/Finisher Job Highlights
|Location||Tyler, TX, United States|
Wastequip is the leading manufacturer of waste handling equipment. Wastequip’s broad range of waste equipment and services are used to collect, process, and transport recyclables, solid waste, liquid waste, and organics. The company’s brands include Wastequip, Toter, Galbreath, Pioneer, Accurate, Amrep, Mountain Tarp, Cusco, and Go to Parts.
The company is looking for a Helper/Cleaner/Finisher who will clean, grind, and sand surfaces of components or finished raw products prior to painting.
- No educational level is mentioned, yet having a basic education will be a plus.
- Candidates with work-related experience will be a plus.
- Assist the welders with non-welding functions in preparation for welding.
- Assist welders in bolting metal components
- Assist welders in loading or moving heavy workpieces during work operations
- Clean workpieces as necessary with a grinder or scraper
- Examines and feels surface of workpiece for defects
- Lift and load work materials into positions as directed using hoists, cranes, or forklifts
- Polishes ground areas with finer abrasive to produce a smooth, unmarred surface
- Preventative maintenance of welding equipment and tools
- Replaces worn abrasive disks wheels
- Selects abrasive wheel, or disk according to specifications, knowledge of abrasives, and condition of metal, and attaches to grinder
- sets up weld table with material for welders
- Starts grinder and moves it over the surface of the workpiece to remove scratches, laminated metal, excess weld material, and burs
- Uses bracing and measurement tools
- Performs subassembly work as needed
- Health Care
- Short/Long Term Disability
- 401k Retirement Plan
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Tuition Reimbursement
Wastequip is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The company is committed to diversity and inclusion in our workforce. All qualified applicants and employees are considered and evaluated for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity or expression, and sexual orientation), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, military status, or any other class protected by applicable law.
To apply for this job please visit recruiting.ultipro.com.