Hoist Equipment Technician Job Highlights
|Title||Hoist Equipment Technician|
|Location||Cambridge, ON, Canada|
Acuren Inspection is a leader in Nondestructive Testing (NDT). It provides a wide range of services for industries like Oil and Gas, Petrochemical, Pipeline, Power Generation, Pulp and Paper, Construction, Fabrication, Automotive, and Aerospace.
The company is looking for a Hoist Equipment Technician who will be responsible for performing a visual, dimensional, and functional inspection on hoist equipment along with setting up and calibrating non-destructive testing equipment.
In addition, this position will replace defective parts, occasionally make weld repairs, assist with performing regular machine maintenance as well as performing predictive maintenance.
This position is an excellent fit for a former millwright technician working towards an inspection career.
- The applicants should have a Millwright background as well as or willingness to take a magnetic particle and liquid penetrant certifications
- Related field or equivalent vocational/technical training and experience
- Experience involving welding and mechanical repair.
- Prior experience working with cranes will be considered an asset
- Complete detailed service reports in accordance with Acuren and the client’s established guidelines
- Determine the cause for equipment malfunction and establish the necessary repairs utilizing visual inspection, test procedures, and appropriate testing equipment
- Follow all established safety rules and procedures, including those established by the customer
- Perform audits prior to completion of work, documenting that all required safety features are functional or documenting deficiencies
- Perform inspections, maintenance, and repairs on overhead cranes and hoists in accordance with established safety procedures
- The position requires a self-motivated and enthusiastic individual with strong goals towards attaining their CGSB and Acuren program certifications.
- The ability to understand how to interpret mechanical drawings is required
- Ability to work nightshift through Friday – Sunday
- Effective communication, excellent problem-solving skills, an aptitude for analytical thinking
- Needs to be able to work independently, without direct supervision while maintaining a safe and clean work environment
- Applicants must be legally entitled to work in Canada.
Acuren Inspection considers employment solely based upon capabilities and qualifications without discrimination on the basis of race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other protected characteristic as established by law.
To apply for this job please visit recruiting.ultipro.com.