Website The Cook & Boardman Group
Hollow Metal Fabricator Job Highlights
|Title||Hollow Metal Fabricator|
|Location||Cumberland Foreside, ME, United States|
|Company||The Cook & Boardman Group|
The Cook & Boardman Group provides architectural doors and frames, door hardware, and related building specialty products in addition to complete systems integration services. Further, the company provides solutions for commercial and multi-family residential building applications.
The company is looking for a Fabricator (welder) who will handle hollow metal doors and frames, material pullers, loading and unloading of warehouse materials and trucks.
- The applicants should have a High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Forklift Certification is preferred
- The candidates may be required to have previous work experience in the related field.
- Assists in the warehouse with pulling material, and loading & unloading trucks
- May occasionally work in field installing and modifying doors and frames
- Pulls from inventory and handles hollow metal doors and frames weighing from 60 to 150 pounds
- Reads Work Orders and Product Templates to establish necessary fabrication to be performed
- Performs fabrication on these products including-
-Installing vision kits and glass in the doors
-Using a 40-pound electric grinder to smooth out welds, etc.
-Using electric drills
-Using a jigsaw or other power tools to cut holes in doors and frames
–Welding parts together
- Other relative duties as assigned
- Ability to accurately do arithmetic, read orders, write instructions, and complete forms
- Ability to work closely and cordially with other staff associates
- Basic computer skills
- Good communication skills
- Knowledge of architectural door materials and hardware
- Must pass a pre-employment background check and drug test
- Workers are subject to frequent heavy lifting and use of welder and other power tools. May require driving to project sites.
- May be exposed to variable weather conditions.
- Other conditions may include proximity to forklifts or other heavy machinery and using various tools and hardware.
- The worker is subject to frequent heavy lifting.
- Must be able to stand and walk for much of the day.
- Ability to lift 5-25 pounds frequently and ability to lift up to 50 pounds occasionally.
- Standing, reaching, walking. Frequent lifting required of items 50+ pounds.
- The company offers multiple options for health, dental and vision insurances, and matches for 401k investments.
The Cook & Boardman Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The company provides fair and equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other protected status prohibited under Federal, State, or local laws.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.jobvite.com.