Website BAE Systems
HVAC Equipment Technician Job Highlights
|Title||HVAC Equipment Technician|
|Location||Greenlawn, NY, United States|
BAE Systems is an international defense, aerospace, and security company. It delivers a full range of products and services for air, land, and naval forces. It also provides advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions, and customer support services.
The company is searching for an HVAC Equipment Technician to join its team.
- High School or Trade School Diploma or Equivalent
- Universal HVAC Certification
- EPA Universal Certification (Class IV) for the proper use of refrigerants
- Minimum 2 years of commercial/industrial experience in the HVAC trade (required)
- Able to repair/replace motors, compressors, temperature controls, humidity controls, and circulating ventilation fans, using special tools and equipment such as staging, hoists, and rigging.
- Electronic or written communication with co-workers and management about work being performed.
- Maintain, repair, and update environmental chambers, vibration tables, autoclaves, and wave solder systems.
- Perform the Lockout/Tagout (LOTO) procedure
- Performs computer-assigned maintenance and preventative maintenance on environmental systems, documenting the work performed and what was replaced or repaired.
- Responsible for the electrical, mechanical, heating, and refrigeration parts of this equipment.
- Use of welding equipment.
- Using pressure and vacuum gauges or soap and water, inspect for and repair refrigerant gas leaks, and add refrigerant gas to the prescribed operating pressure.
- Work extended hours to repair equipment and minimize downtime.
- Works from prints, handbooks, and online documentation to analyze and restore malfunctioning environmental equipment.
- Ability to work independently and with other members of a team.
- Experience handling refrigerants, brazing, and welding of connections.
- Experience with preventative maintenance and repair of manufacturing and process equipment.
- Knowledge of heating and cooling of environmental chambers with cascade systems.
- Possess good electrical, mechanical, plumbing, analytical, and overall troubleshooting skills.
- Prior use of Microsoft Office Suite
- Requires lifting loads of up to 50 lbs., bending, crouching, and working on ladders
- Secret Security Clearance (or ability to obtain upon hire)
- US Citizen
- 401(k) Savings Plan
- Disability Coverage
- Health Savings Accounts
- Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Life and Accident Insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Home, Auto, and Pet Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays
BAE Systems is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.baesystems.com.