Website Trane Technologies
HVAC Hydronic Assembler Job Highlights
|Title||HVAC Hydronic Assembler|
|Location||Grand Rapids, MI, United States|
Trane Technologies challenges possible by thinking bigger, acting bolder, and taking action. The company’s brands include Trane® and Thermo King® which create access to cooling and comfort in buildings and homes, transport and protect food and perishables, connect customers to elevated performance with less environmental impact, dramatically reduce energy demands, and carbon emissions, and innovate with a better world in mind.
The company is hiring an HVAC Hydronic Assembler who will be responsible for building custom-engineered HVAC equipment in a shop environment utilizing equipment construction skills and knowledge of pipe welding, Hydronics, piping, soldering of copper and brass, structural welding and assembly, and basic knowledge sheet metal fabrication.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Possess work-related experience (a plus)
- Assists team members of other trades as needed; performs other trade work when needed.
- Communicates effectively with teammates regarding issues of project scope and schedule.
- Completes assigned projects on time, with high quality, and within budget.
- Completes fabrication assignments on assigned projects on time, with high quality, and within budget.
- Documents work by completing paperwork on each job, including daily time, quality check sheets, Traveler 2.0, and parts logs. Maintains project files. Forward all required paperwork and reports in a timely manner to the next production work center.
- Flexibility to occasionally travel with occasional overnight stays.
- Flexibility to occasionally work in other company departments when needed.
- Flexibility to work overtime/weekends, as required.
- Follows company safety policies.
- Follows company standards for construction and quality.
- Maintains tools and equipment by inspecting for signs of wear and performing any needed periodic maintenance.
- Maintains work area in a neat, clean, and organized manner.
- Participates and communicates new ideas and initiatives for the Hydronics team.
- Prepares for assigned projects by examining project binders, consulting with the other technicians, trade team leaders, and production shop supervisor, anticipating difficulties, gathering materials, and coordinating work, as necessary.
- Preps and paints components to create a finished, professional product.
- Promotes company safety policies to team members and subcontractors.
- Reading a Tape Measure, interpreting drawings, schematics, sketches, pictures, and verbal instructions to fabricate parts,
- Responsible for building custom equipment on assigned projects.
- Using hand tools like Angle Grinder, Die Grinder, Drills, and Impacts to name a few.
- Works closely with other project technicians, temporary technicians, subcontractors, project managers, project engineers, trade team leaders, production shop supervisors, and interns in a team environment, offering technical advice, status information, and other help as needed.
- Has a clear understanding of our company’s Code of Ethics and Compliance and promotes our company’s Culture, understands rules and policies, and follows all that apply.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
- Ability to write simple correspondence.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- A Valid driver’s license, License (preferred)
- Regularly required to stand, use hands and fingers, handle, or feel, talk, and hear.
- Frequently is required to walk; reach with hands and arms; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- Occasionally required to sit.
- Regularly lift or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift or move up to 50 pounds, and occasionally lift or move up to 100 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Requires working mainly in a typical semi-conditioned shop environment and occasionally in a typical conditioned office environment.
- The noise level in the shop environment is usually loud.
- The noise level in the office environment is usually moderate.
- While performing the duties of this job required in the shop, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts, heavy equipment, risk of electrical shock (high voltage), and fumes or airborne particles created by welding grinding, and painting activities.
- Occasionally, working outdoors, in mechanical/equipment rooms, in extreme weather conditions, and in areas with vibration is possible.
- Occasionally exposed to wet or humid conditions and high, precarious places.
- 401(k) and matching
- Career Development
- Dental Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Employer’s Statement
- Fitness Reimbursement
- Flexible Spending Account
- Health insurance
- Health Savings Account
- Life insurance
- Paid Holidays
- Paid time off (PTO)
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Uniform and Work Boot stipend
- Vacation Time
- Vision insurance
Trane Technologies is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, pregnancy, age, marital status, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any legally protected status.
To apply for this job please visit careers.tranetechnologies.com.