Hydromet Diagnostic Mechanic Job Highlights
|Title||Hydromet Diagnostic Mechanic|
|Location||Green Valley, AZ, United States|
Freeport-McMoRan is a leading international mining company. It operates large, long-lived, geographically diverse assets with significant proven and probable reserves of copper, gold, and molybdenum.
The company is seeking a Hydromet Diagnostic Mechanic who will apply a broad level of process and mechanical/maintenance knowledge to maximize and, where possible, improve the efficiency of the overall production process.
- The applicants may be required to have a High School Diploma
- The candidates should have 2 years of experience in mechanical/maintenance crafts (including welder, boilermaker, machinist, or facility maintenance/construction) or a combination of education and experience in industrial mechanical repair and maintenance
- Ability to troubleshoot, diagnose and repair
- Proficiency in welding/cutting (MIG, TIG, ARC, Oxy-acetylene)
- Working knowledge of hydraulics, pneumatics, pumps, welding, plumbing, machine shop, blueprints, schematics, fabrication, and part lists and repair
- Ability to repair, install, fabricate, rebuild, troubleshoot, and preventative maintenance of process equipment i.e. pumps, conveyors, dryers, gearboxes, filters, etc.
- Capable of performing equipment lubrication
- Competent in mechanics, hydraulics, pneumatics, pumps, welding, bearings, basic metallurgy (stress cracking, metal compatibility), conveyor systems, plumbing, alignment, machine shop, blueprints, schematics, and mobile equipment
- Complete Work Orders, order parts, and other maintenance documentation
- Follows and understands MSHA rules and regulations, environmental rules and regulations, Standard Operating Procedures (SOP), and work area instructions. Participates in safety/environmental activities, uses plant and equipment correctly at all times
- Perform routine and non-routine maintenance activities
- Qualified to operate small and large cranes and knowledgeable of safe rigging practices
- Additional responsibilities and duties may be assigned according to business need
- Ability to communicate in English with respect to job assignments, job procedures, and applicable safety standards
- Ability to understand and apply verbal and written work and safety-related instructions and procedures given in English
- May be required to work rotating shifts in a 24/7/365 operation
- Must be able to work in a potentially stressful environment
- Occasionally may be required to lift up to fifty (50) pounds during the course of the workday
- Personal protective equipment is required when performing work in a mine, outdoor, manufacturing, or plant environment, including hard hat, hearing protection, safety glasses, safety footwear, and as needed, respirator, rubber steel-toe boots, protective clothing, gloves, and any other protective equipment as required
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to stand, sit, demonstrate manual dexterity, climb stairs and ladders, and work on elevated platforms
- Work is performed in a mine or manufacturing plant setting, which may include exposure to extremes in temperature and humidity, moving mechanical parts, risk of electrical shock, toxic chemicals, explosives, fumes, or airborne particles
- Experience installing and rebuilding gearboxes/pulleys and pumps
- Experience operating overhead cranes, boom trucks, and/or forklifts
- Experience with teardown and rebuilding of machinery and mine equipment
- Experience with the use of precision measuring tools
- Knowledge of motor alignment, bearing mounting/dismounting
Freeport-McMoRan is an Equal Opportunity Employer – protected veteran, and disability.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.fcx.com.