Hydromet Repair Person Job Highlights
|Title||Hydromet Repair Person|
|Location||Bagdad, AZ, United States|
Freeport-McMoRan is a leading international mining company. It operates large, long-lived, geographically diverse assets with significant proven and probable reserves of copper, gold, and molybdenum.
The company is looking to hire a Hydromet Repair Person who will safely perform diagnostic, maintenance, and repair of equipment, pumps, and systems in the Hydrometallurgical process and infrastructure.
- High School Diploma or GED
- 1 year of experience in mechanical/maintenance
- A combination of education and experience in industrial mechanical repair and maintenance
- Assists with and performs component diagnostic, replacement, and repairs on, but not limited to: upenders, rigidizers, mixers, compressors, overhead cranes, fire systems, pump systems, and hydraulic systems. May also work on Pit Dewatering systems
- May operate mobile equipment such as hydro lifts, mobile cranes, forklifts, man lifts, overhead cranes, boom trucks, and light-duty vehicles
- May perform welding (Mig, Tig, and Stick) on structures (stairways, guards and handrails, ext.) and equipment (piping, cathode press, upender, ext.)
- Perform the removal, repair, and installation of piping and pump components, such as valves, and expansion joints, and check valves
- Performs mechanical and lubrication preventative maintenance by checking oil levels and changing oil, checking seals for leakage, and grease, maintaining compressors, checking filters ext.
- Perform other duties as required
- Ability to troubleshoot, diagnose, and repair
- Knowledge of pumps (valves, expansion joints, check valves) and ability to repair them
- Must have completed academic and practical competencies required (this includes Line of Progression requirements for internal employees where LOP Exists) and have experience demonstrating the required aptitude.
- The selected candidate shall demonstrate the ability to apply knowledge and skills while also passing a written assessment where required. This exam is based on skills/abilities or academic knowledge; as well as safety.
- Proficiency in welding/cutting (Mig, Tig, Stick)
- Working knowledge of hydraulics, pneumatics, pumps, welding, plumbing, machine shop, blueprints, schematics, fabrication, and part lists and repair
- Ability to communicate in English with respect to job assignments, job procedures, and applicable safety standards
- Ability to understand and apply verbal and written work and safety-related instructions and procedures given in English
- Freeport-McMoRan promotes a drug/alcohol-free work environment through the use of mandatory pre-employment drug testing and ongoing random drug testing as allowed by applicable state laws
- Must be able to work in a potentially stressful environment
- Occasionally may be asked to lift moderately heavy to heavy objects (up to 50 pounds) during the course of the workday
- Personal protective equipment is required when performing work in a mine, outdoor, manufacturing, or plant environment, including hard hat, hearing protection, safety glasses, safety footwear, and as needed, respirator, rubber steel-toe boots, protective clothing, gloves, and any other protective equipment as required
- While performing duties of this job, the employee is required to stand, sit, demonstrate manual dexterity, climb stairs and ladders, work on elevated platforms, talk, hear, see, and work in confined spaces
- Will be required to work rotating shifts in a 24/7/365 operation
- Work is performed in a manufacturing plant which may include exposure to extremes in temperature and humidity, moving mechanical parts, risk of electric shock, toxic chemicals, fumes, or airborne particles
- Company scholarships
- Education and adoption assistance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Medical, dental, and vision plan options
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
Freeport-McMoRan is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.fcx.com.