Industrial Engineer (Electrical Assembly) Job Highlights
|Title||Industrial Engineer – Electrical Assembly|
|Location||Sacramento, CA, United States|
Siemens Mobility is a leading global provider of short-distance, regional and long-distance rolling stock, as well as product and system solutions for passenger and freight transport.
The company is seeking an Industrial Engineer who will be responsible to drive the continuous improvement of safety, schedule, and budget adherence through the use of Lean Manufacturing principles both on the production floor and during the production planning phases.
The position will lead the team in technical problem solving for topics including standard and non-standard work, tooling, material flow, safety, engineering drawings and BOMs, and process improvements.
- The applicants should have a Bachelor’s Degree in Industrial, Manufacturing, or Mechanical Engineering from a college or university.
- The candidates should have 3 years of experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Coordinating and communicating technical information to and from all levels of the organization including vendors, project managers, production team members, and operations managers.
- Defining key production work steps, sequences, and durations and setting up work scope per station or per cell basis.
- Development of detailed specifications for jigs and fixtures for manufacturing processes using takt time, capacity calculations, engineering product design, and sourcing jigs and fixtures from vendors.
- Generating and Improving Material Flow Paths and Logistical needs for each Production Work Order both in an MRP system and on the production floor (Material Handling).
- Leading manufacturing improvements, complex process changes, and technology changes including developing a core team, assigning/reporting to a steering committee, projecting efforts involved with implementation, and identifying impacts by generating and presenting ROI Calculations.
- Preparing future production floor layouts to meet planned takt time and schedule.
- Preparing Standardized work instructions
- Providing critical process control guidance to production, maintenance, and quality control to improve the dimensional accuracy and overall quality of our products.
- Reviewing engineering drawings, 3D engineering models using Pro-E or PTC Creo to gain an understanding of manufacturing process requirements such as job sequence, workflow, and takt time.
- Setting up stations with proper fixtures, templates (drilling, small components, mounting), tooling, and equipment
- 5+ years of experience planning and supporting the launch of new production lines in a low-speed production environment (e.g. rail, aviation/aerospace, naval, heavy equipment, etc.).
- Bi-lingual German, Spanish, and English
- Knowledge of SAP or similar MRP/ERP systems is highly desired.
- One or more certification (or equivalent coursework) in the following fields- Six Sigma Black Belt, Lean Certification, OSHA Safety, Certified Manufacturing Engineer, Supply Management, EIT, or Professional Engineering License
- Practical experience developing technology roadmaps for a range of automation.
- Practical experience in Customer Service/Maintenance/After Market businesses and technologies within the rail industry Highly preferred.
- Practical experience training others on Lean topics, facilitating Lean improvement activities, Kaizen, Root Cause-Corrective Actions, 5S events, etc. Ability to promote Lean in Production, Lean in Quality, and Lean in the Office.
- Practical experience using complex Factory Planning Methods such as defining high-level manufacturing plans, identifying/analyzing new technologies required, creating a value stream analysis, performing total space needs analysis, performing total capacity needs analysis, implementation planning, etc. preferred.
- Relevant experience utilizing and implementing lean methods and tools such as 5s, 7 Types of Waste (Muda), root cause analysis and corrective actions, Yamazumi Methods, Kanban, Value Stream Mapping/Process Flow Diagrams, ABC-XYZ Analysis, and Lean Shop Floor Management Model.
- vehicle production in welding or assembly processes (e.g. rail, aviation, naval, heavy equipment).
- Work experience in the rail business, preferably in light rail, heavy rail, or related production, is needed.
- A history of a “hands-on” approach to problem-solving and countermeasure implementation within own areas of responsibility.
- Demonstrated understanding of tooling and fixtures design for manufacturing and its impact on dimensional accuracy, quality, and takt time. (Poka Yoke)
- Experience using different types of bills of materials between engineering and production.
- Firm project management skills, including developing project plans, timelines/schedules, budgets, proposed layouts, resource requirements, calculating ROI, etc.
- Practical knowledge and experience in the implementation of the lean toolbox.
- Proficiency in Pro-E, PTC Creo, Solidworks, or Equivalent 3D CAD modeling software.
- Financial/Retirement – savings plan, performance bonus for key roles, merit increases, relocation
- Health and Wellness – health insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance, HSA, commuter benefits
- Office Life – flexible work hours, remote work opportunities, diversity, and inclusion program
- Professional Development – tuition reimbursement, promote from within, mentor program, access to online courses, lunch and learns
- Vacation/Time Off – paid vacation, paid holidays, personal/sick days, maternity/paternity leave
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.siemens.com.