Industrial Maintenance Mechanic (3rd Shift) Job Highlights
|Title||Industrial Maintenance Mechanic – 3rd Shift|
|Location||Horseheads, NY, United States|
Eaton improves the quality of life and the environment through the use of power management technologies and services. We provide sustainable solutions to manage electrical, hydraulic, and mechanical power – more safely, more efficiently, and more reliably.
Eaton’s Power Components division is seeking an Industrial Maintenance Mechanic who will primarily assemble, install, maintain and repair electrical production/factory equipment.
- The applicants must have a 2-years Technical Degree in Industrial Maintenance from a college or university.
- An approved Apprenticeship program certificate in Maintenance/Mechanic specialty
- The candidates should have 3 years of industrial mechanic trade experience or 10 years of industrial maintenance trade experience.
- Analyze any/all types of equipment mechanical failures (hydraulic, pneumatic, alignments, drive systems, indexing, and moving parts, turrets, pumps, conveyors, hydrogen atmosphere furnaces, etc.).
- Fabricate parts and equipment using all maintenance tools including setup and operation of machine tools using close tolerances (± 0.005). Inspect and maintain all maintenance tools and equipment.
- Maintain company records as required.
- Perform tasks from other mechanical trades (welding, sheet metal, millwright, plumbing) on an as-needed basis in order to keep productions and factory equipment operational.
- Prep and paint all types of surfaces.
- Read and interpret maintenance specifications, blueprints, and engineering drawings.
- Use computerized diagnostic equipment and expertise to troubleshoot and diagnose failures and make repairs/rebuild of equipment per appropriate specifications. Check equipment upon completion of work to ensure proper operation.
- Knowledge of vacuum furnace technology
- Minimum of three years prior experience troubleshooting CNC machines
- Proven troubleshooting skills
- Able to work days, nights, and/or weekends for training and overtime purposes
- Diagnose cause and make system repairs per appropriate specifications
- Excellent understanding of industrial power, control, and communication system failures
- Need to provide own hand tools and a lockable toolbox
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
- Relocation benefit offered for candidates in the US.
Eaton is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. The company is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.eaton.com.