Website West Fraser
Industrial Mechanic (Millwright) Job Highlights
|Title||Industrial Mechanic (Millwright)|
|Location||Quesnel, BC, Canada|
West Fraser is a diversified wood products company. The company produces lumber, engineered wood (OSB, LVL, MDF, plywood, particleboard), and other products including pulp, newsprint, wood chips, and renewable energy. West Fraser’s products are used in home construction, repair and remodeling, industrial applications, papers, tissue, and box materials.
The company is looking for an Industrial Mechanic (Millwright) who will perform daily troubleshooting and predictive/preventative maintenance strategies.
- The applicants should have a valid Inter-Provincial or Provincial Journeyperson Millwright Certification
- Possess welding and fabrication experience (an asset)
- Ensuring consistent operations of equipment
- Inspect and examine machinery and equipment and repair as required.
- Maintaining a safe work environment
- Maintenance of pumps, conveyors, compressors, mechanical systems, rollers and chains, bearings, and hydraulics involved in the manufacturing process
- Operate hoisting and lifting devices to position machinery and parts during the assembly, installation, set-up, and repair of equipment and machinery
- Read blueprints, diagrams, and schematic drawings to repair equipment.
- Repair and assemble hydraulic equipment and cylinders
- Undertake preventative maintenance program for equipment
- Use knowledge and skills to recognize opportunities for improvements and savings
- Verify and document completed repairs
- Ability to read blueprints, plans, and schematics
- Ability to work independently with little supervision
- Commitment to working safely and creating a safe workplace
- Flexible schedule for the workday, evening, weekend, and graveyard shifts
- Mechanical aptitude; excellent problem-solving skills
- Organizational and planning skills
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Troubleshooting in a fast-paced environment
- The company offers an excellent compensation package including a competitive salary, excellent benefits, and an outstanding pension plan.
West Fraser is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The company strives to create workplaces and leadership teams that are reflective of the diverse communities. It will not discriminate against any applicant for employment on the basis of race, gender, national origin, or any other protected legal characteristic.
To apply for this job please visit recruiting.ultipro.ca.