Website Matthews International
Industrial Painter Job Highlights
|Location||Apopka, FL, United States|
|Company||Matthews Environmental Solutions|
Matthews International is a unique community and has created a market-leading global company serving the consumer products, memorialization, and industrial technology markets, each borne out of identification products.
Matthews Environmental Solutions, a division of Matthews Memorialization, is a worldwide leader in the design and manufacture of technologically advanced crematoria equipment, as well as cremation-related products and services.
The company is looking for an Industrial Painter who will perform a variety of functions under the finishing area, which includes painting using different types of paint (hi-temp zinc, oil-based enamel, hammer tone), clear coating, packing, and shipping industrial equipment. This position works to assure accuracy and quality control and promotes the flow of materials necessary for production.
- The prospective applicants should have a High School Diploma or GED
- The candidates should have 2+ years of previous finishing experience (preferred)
- Determines required finish operation based upon production order and ticket
- Maintain inventory of paint, thinners, and hardware used in the assembly
- Observes and follows safety precautions, rules, and regulations
- Packing and Shipping: assembling and performing the final quality inspection of equipment, then packing and shipping them
- Performs finish processes that meet quality standards of operation. Standards of operation are located on-site for operators review and training
- Responsible for maintaining work area and all equipment required to complete job
- Transfers product to and from the workstation in a safe manner
- Visually inspects product at the work station to determine work required
- Additional duties as assigned
- Ability to develop and maintain collaborative relationships with peers and colleagues across the organization, as well as, internal and external clients.
- Ability to work overtime as necessary
- Ability to work well autonomously and within a team in a fast-paced and deadline-oriented environment
- Ability to work with and influence peers and management
- Basic verbal and written communication skills (including analysis, interpretation, and reasoning)
- Forklift Operation
- Possess a mechanical aptitude; ability to use a large variety of hand tools and basic knowledge of power tools, forklifts, welding equipment, and cutting torch
- Respiratory Fit Test Completion
- Self-motivated with critical attention to detail, deadlines, and reporting
- Regularly exposed to wet or humid conditions, moving mechanical parts, fumes or airborne particles, extreme cold and heat, risk of electrical shock, and toxic or caustic chemicals.
- Regularly lift or move up to 50 pounds.
- Regularly required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk, hear and see.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- The noise level in the work environment may be high.
Matthews International is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The company affords equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
To apply for this job please visit careers.matw.com.