Industrial Plant Maintenance Manager Job Highlights
|Title||Industrial Plant Maintenance Manager|
|Location||Brooksville, FL, United States|
CEMEX is a global building materials company that provides high-quality products and reliable service to customers and communities around the world.
The company is hiring a Maintenance Manager who will ensure the maintenance activities are completed safely, correctly, accurately, and in a timely fashion to ensure the plant can operate at high availability and at high productivity.
The Manager oversees all types of maintenance jobs throughout the plant.
The position will interface, on a daily basis, with the production manager, the maintenance planner, and the plant maintenance team.
- The applicants should have a High School Diploma
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering (preferred)
- The candidates should have 5 years of experience in Aggregate or Heavy Industry Manufacturing (required)
- Prior plant maintenance experience required
- Adhere to all CEMEX and OSHA rules and regulations at all times and wear proper safety equipment while on plant grounds
- Coordinate and oversee the work of Maintenance Supervisors, Mechanics, and contractors
- Effectively implement the site, regional and corporate directives, and initiatives
- Ensure necessary maintenance records are maintained
- Ensures good housekeeping in the plant and work areas Develop standard work for routine and non-routine maintenance tasks
- Evaluate and coordinate mechanical needs, repairs, and modifications
- Inspect equipment reported malfunctioning, including mechanical equipment, and manage required repairs as needed
- Maintain assigned equipment in good working order
- Manage emergency repairs throughout the plant and quarry/mine to be completed safely and timely
- Manage training requirements and coordinate with Plant Manager to properly execute the necessary training Replace or assist other supervisors and employees as needed or directed
- Meet or exceed company safety standards
- Oversee mechanical work and repairs on the plant machinery
- Prevent damage to machinery and equipment by completing repairs appropriately, timely and ensuring complete, thorough, and accurate pre-shift inspections
- Procuring any moving parts, material, equipment, and necessary tools
- Train employees on standard work for maintenance tasks
- Uses bars, calipers, gauges, precision instruments, hand tools, and wrenches
- Perform other job responsibilities as assigned by management
- Bilingual – Spanish and English a plus
- Six Sigma Green Belt is a plus
- Ability to carry out not only simple but also complex oral and written instructions and deal with problems from standardized situations and work experience
- Ability to communicate well with other plant supervisors, mechanics, leadmen, welders and maintenance personnel, co-workers, and outside contractors
- Ability to cut, and mount fabricated components needed to repair equipment
- Ability to develop other technical and management skills for future promotion
- Ability to identify and select the appropriate material and equipment necessary to perform the correct mechanical work and repair
- Ability to operate standard and automatic welding machines and equipment, and powered mechanic tools
- Ability to read and understand English sufficiently to be able to read technical information contained in manuals, reports, and mechanical work and related instructions, including safety issues
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills; ability to motivate, coach, and develop employees
- Electrical and mechanical knowledge to detect potential safety hazards and breakdown of plant and quarry/mine machinery and equipment and respond accordingly
- Experience in Budget and P&L, along with contract negotiations
- Good mathematical skills, including basic math, fractions, conversions of four-five digit numbers, common units of measurement in both metric and decimal systems
- Must be Customer-service oriented teamwork, organizational commitment, and a focus on the stakeholders
- Must have strong leadership
- Must have a working knowledge of OSHA/DOT regulations
- Needs a degree of computer literacy in Windows environment and MS Office
- Able to participate in required overnight travel
- Able to work extended hours as needed
- Able to work with standard office/computer equipment
- Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, or a negligible amount of force frequently
- Requires stationary position, traverse, move, transport, and the ability to a significant degree to operate, activate, use, prepare, inspect, place, detect, or position
- Regularly required to communicate with employees and other individuals as well as function safely within an office environment and, on occasion, may visit industrial plant locations
- The company offers competitive wages, career growth, excellent benefits including health, dental, vision plans, vacation or paid time off, employee assistance programs, and retirement plan options.
CEMEX is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. The company does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, religious creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital or familial status, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by under federal, state or local law.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.cemex.com.