Innovations Design Technician Job Highlights
|Title||Innovations Design Technician|
|Type||Full Time (1st shift)|
|Location||Arden, NC, United States|
Eaton improves the quality of life and the environment through the use of power management technologies and services. We provide sustainable solutions to manage electrical, hydraulic, and mechanical power – more safely, more efficiently, and more reliably.
Eaton’s Electrical Sector is looking for an Innovations Design Technician who will drive plant level Continuous Improvement Kaizen’s by aligning with corporate and facility opportunities to drive safety, quality, delivery, inventory, and productivity projects/initiatives.
Work cross-functionally with all leaders and project managers of the facility to design, influence, and carry out improvements.
- The applicants should have an Associate’s Degree in an Engineering field (e.g. Electrical, Mechanical, Aerospace Engineering) or Engineering Technology (required) from an accredited institution.
- The candidates should have experience working in a manufacturing environment
- Actively report and support all accidents and near misses, identifies root causes, and ensures corrective actions are implemented
- Assist in MESH improvements at the site
- Complete drawings and load rating analysis for OpEx projects
- Drives 5S+ in the department and the facility
- Evaluate projects for possible ergonomic improvements (body mechanics, lifts, hoists, manipulators, etc.) and implement these work design changes
- Maintain facility one-line drawings
- Maintains and monitors current information and plant compliance on safety documentation and load rating/testing requirements
- Manage the Innovations SharePoint site; requests, active projects, and post-project documentation.
- Supports all facility project managers
- Computer skills
- Continuous Improvement/Lean Principle awareness
- Excellent verbal and concise written communication skills required
- Greenbelt Certified
- Safety: Hot Work Training, LOTO Training, Crane Trained, Fork truck Certified
- Welding Certified
- Working knowledge/experience with AutoCAD, Inventor, blueprint drawings, designing, welding, and material handling
The company provides benefits that are industry-competitive and focused on employee well-being. They are offered globally, but program availabilities may vary by site.
- Benefits Offered Day One (health, dental, vision, and wellness programs)
- Competitive compensation packages to reward skills and performance
- Donation matching (US, Canada, Puerto Rico)
- Healthcare/retirement savings programs
- Tuition assistance or financial help for ongoing learning and development
- Active Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from the geographical area limitation.
- Must be able to work in the United States without corporate sponsorship now and within the future
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates within a 50-mile radius of Arden, NC will be considered.
Eaton is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. The company is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.eaton.com.