Website Air Products
Inspection Engineer Job Highlights
|Location||Allentown, PA, United States|
Air Products is an industrial gases company with a focus on serving energy, the environment, and emerging markets. The company provides essential industrial gases, related equipment, and applications expertise to industries like refining, chemical, metals, electronics, manufacturing, and food and beverage.
The company is seeking an Inspection Engineer who will do the following things-
- Experience in the manufacturing of Electrical and Instrumentation on skid packages, pumps, etc.
- If the requirement emerges, coordinate inspections at the main and/or sub-vendors facilities to make sure the inspections per the ITP have been scheduled and completed.
- Must have the physical ability to perform shop floor inspections, from time to time, at the vendor’s facilities in the heat, cold, or climbing in and out of the equipment safely.
- Shall provide concerning feedback to the project team in a timely manner and cooperate with the project, expediting, and procurement teams to preemptively avoid any quality issues. Raise the quality issues and summarize lessons learned from previous projects during daily inspection work and pre-inspection meetings for vendor performance improvement.
- Supporting project execution activities. Share experiences/standard methodologies with team members.
- The ability to review welding procedures, NDE procedures, along with the applicable Inspection and Test Plans from the vendor(s) to verify that they meet the PO requirements, in support of the Specifier or their appointee.
- The position is responsible for supporting the AP source inspection team, facilitating the inspection process, in supporting domestic and overseas projects. Work closely with specifying engineers, project team, and procurement center to supervise and continuously improve supplier performance to drive toward no defects on delivered material, including issue resolution of inspection findings.
- The position shall be familiar with the inspection work processes. Ensure that the work processes are completed properly during the steps of inspection operations, familiar with the requirements, local and international standards/codes stipulated in AP Specifications, and apply the requirements in daily inspection work correctly.
- The position shall review and distribute the inspection reports in a timely manner after each inspection visit. Ensure the site inspection team is reporting all NCR’s, quality issues, and punch list items found during the inspection visit. Also, must ensure that the site inspection team is documenting, tracking, and recording the resolution for all vendor corrections.
- Travel to the site to be responsible for the inspection efforts. Mentor the site inspection team to ensure a positive continuity between the Site Lead, Site inspector(s), Air Products Project Team as well as the Client representatives
- The applicants should have a Bachelor’s Degree in the Engineering field from a university or college.
- The candidates should have over 10 years of working experience as a quality engineer/inspector
- Certifications in Welding Inspections, NDE (LP, MP, UT, RT) are desirable
- Check with supplier on realistic production status and preparation work prior to inspection activity, avoid ineffective inspection work hours happen.
- Continuously push the local vendors to understand/meet our requirements based on effective communication with the functional team
- Coordinate and handle inspection as per project/operations requirements (specified in ITPs)
- Input ITP/QCP steps into SPMAT to finish the preparation before any inspection activity
- Once the key quality issues are found during the inspection activities work closely with the project, function team and timely communicate/collaborate with the project or function engineers and supervisor
- Participate with global quality communication and learn/share useful experience
- Provide effective inspection service including timely reporting and support to each domestic and overseas project
- Report NCR issues, track NCRs, Punch list timely
- Understand inspection requirements defined in Air Products Specifications
- Understanding of the Source Inspection work processes
- Responsible for the management of all the 3rd party inspection efforts. For instance, but not limited to, to ensure that the review of the material certificates and track-ability, welding, dimensional, cleanliness inspections, and witness testing is being completed and in a timely manner. Performing final inspections of equipment as defined in the ITP.
- Responsible to ensure the 3rd party inspectors undertake the quality control per the PO requirements at the vendor’s facility during product manufacturing to ensure consistent quality, staying in sync with all code, standard, and AP specification requirements as stated in the PO.
- Ability to communicate effectively and work with external suppliers
- Ability to make a difficult decision within the defined work scope
- Ability to work cross-functionally within Air Products
- Good command of written and spoken English
- Good knowledge of mechanical drawings, metal material performance, welding processes, and welding procedures
- Good organization and written presentation skills, an eye for detail, and the ability to write concise reports and minutes of meetings
- Hands-on and able to work under pressure
- Positive demeanor, results-driven, self-motivative
- Safety, Speed, Simplicity, and Self-confidence
- Skills to apply inspection facilities and instruments
- Solid understanding of Smart Plant Materials (SPMAT), SAP, MS tools
- The company offers a comprehensive benefits package including paid holidays and vacations, affordable medical, dental, life insurance, and retirement plans.
Air Products is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, citizenship, gender, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, or veteran status.
To apply for this job please visit sjobs.brassring.com.