Website Trane Technologies
Inspection Supervisor Job Highlights
|Location||La Crosse, WI, United States|
Trane Technologies challenges possible by thinking bigger, acting bolder, and taking action. The company’s brands include Trane® and Thermo King® which create access to cooling and comfort in buildings and homes, transport and protect food and perishables, connect customers to elevated performance with less environmental impact, dramatically reduce energy demands, and carbon emissions, and innovate with a better world in mind.
The company is hiring an Inspection Supervisor who will be responsible for leading and coaching the inspection team to ensure FPY (first piece yield) goals are met or exceeded.
Works with inspection and welding team members to confirm quality expectations are met.
Manage proper staffing levels across all shifts to support production needs.
Coach welders and inspectors on proper methodologies and standard work.
- High School Degree or Equivalent (required)
- Associate degree in weld technology or AWS CWI Certificate (preferred)
- 5 or more years of related work experience (required)
- Experience with Lean Manufacturing or Six Sigma principles (a plus)
- Collaborate effectively with cross-functional individuals and teams to build consensus and achieve best practice outcomes (including participation in continuous improvement events).
- Coordinate and conduct weld, braze, machining, assembly, test, final release, and other inspection activities to ensure processes meet required specifications.
- Create and maintain required documentation for new or updated processes and provide or support training of production associates.
- Develop standard work, coach, and perform a detailed audit and or inspection of all parts, assemblies, or final units.
- Ensure that all engineering drawings, standards, and specifications provided match the product inspection. Use manufacturing shop floor systems to verify that product is built to standards, and provide training as needed.
- Ensure that all non-conforming parts and assemblies are identified, documented, disposed of, and recorded in the database.
- May coordinate with engineering, materials, manufacturing, quality staff, and other functional members.
- Process owner and site supervisor with a responsibility to continuously improve the quality inspection team as needed to increase FPY while maintaining or reducing TAKT.
- Responsible for hiring, training, and qualifying new employees to perform inspection standard work following CBA (union guidelines) and company policies.
- Responsible for performing mid-year reviews, year-end reviews, and as set forth by company guidelines.
- Responsible for planning, qualifying, and maintaining sufficient inspection team strength to maintain adequate regular hours and overtime support.
- Utilize a standardized problem-solving approach to troubleshoot product and process failures and develop solutions to mitigate the impact on production.
- Work with Production Leader, Team Leaders, and assembly operators to ensure corrective measures are being implemented to prevent non-conformances.
- Ability to stand or walk for an entire shift
- Excellent leadership and team-building skills required
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office tools (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook) to be able to create reports and send/receive emails.
- Must be willing to work flexible hours on 1st and 2nd shift
- Must have a thorough knowledge of blueprint reading.
- Must pass a weld proficiency test, math, reading, and physical examination.
- Past pressure vessel code compliance (ASME/PED) exposure is preferred.
- Possess the initiative to further develop technical skills, interpersonal skills, and career path.
- Quality assurance and or ISO audit experience is a plus.
- Strong work ethic, great attitude, customer-focused, team-oriented, and results-driven.
- 401(k) and matching
- Career Development
- Dental Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Employer’s Statement
- Fitness Reimbursement
- Flexible Spending Account
- Health insurance
- Health Savings Account
- Life insurance
- Paid Holidays
- Paid time off (PTO)
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Uniform and Work Boot stipend
- Vacation Time
- Vision insurance
Trane Technologies is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, pregnancy, age, marital status, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any legally protected status.
To apply for this job please visit careers.tranetechnologies.com.